Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi

yes it is still there. Show pretty much the same I think. Went last year. Still worth seeing.
Thanks for the reply!! Im glad its still there :) really enjoyed it last time!!
I've never been... what is it like?

Thanks

Love Nikki xx
Nikkichick - We have been to this show Talk of the Town/ Cheers Bar and thoroughly enjoyed it. Its located on the beachfront in Marmaris not too far from the Point Centre. Its a drag show, the costumes were amazing. Costs approximately £16 but your meal is included.

Another show I will recommend is the Stella Show in Icmeler. This is a FREE show and its in the Harmony Bar, starting at 10pm until midnight. Orange dolmus will take you there (right to door) in approximately 20 mins at a cost of 2 lira. This is a one man show but worth going to see. If you go along there and have your meal (go early around 8pm) and you will get a really good seat. "Stella" does mention at the beginning of the show that bad language is used incase anyone with children want to leave.

Have a nice holiday.
ooo thanks Morh!

I think I will def have to try the talk of the town this year. I don't think we will make the stella show as I have young children and like them to be in bed by 11pm (they are only 5 and 15 months) and we are staying in Marmaris so by the time we got back they would be shattered.

Do you know if the talk of the town runs really late? And is it ok for the kiddiwinkles? Do you have to pre-book or just go along?

Also there was mention of an elvis impressionist, does anyone know if he is still in marmaris and where he is?

Thanks

Love Nikki xx
Didnt realise you have young children so I can understand you not wanting to sit through the Stella show and it is very loud. Talk of the Town runs quite late too so would be well past their bedtime!!

Sorry I cant give any info on the Elvis impersonator. We stayed in the Armutulan area of Marmaris but dont recall seeing
anything around that area (although there is so much to take in)!.

Sure someone on this forum will know the answer.
Awww thanks hun! We stay in the armutulan area too :D

11 more sleeps yeay!

Love Nikki xx
Nickkichick - what a lovely thought. One of my daughters is over in Armutulan at the moment and says it is still boiling. She is a great Turkey fan, having been to many different resorts over the years.

Anyway, soon be your turn to go.
The Stella show sounds really good!!! Iv never seen that advertised before!! I love things like that, I think a little bit of entertainment on a night is good!!! Where is the Harmony bar situated in Icmeler? xx
The Harmony bar is just past the terminus where the Dolmus stops.
Excellent Morh.... lovely hot and just what we need! I have heard it's mid thirties at the mo.... perfect!

:sun2 :sun2 :sun2

love nikki xx
Little Princess - Yes near Denis Kapisi. Try the Stella show. We loved it.
We went to Talk of the Town again this year,really good show,£17 each including the meal,chicken leg,chips,salad,fresh fruit salad and cream for dessert,show finished about 11.45pm.
Forgot to mention,we booked with Ali off Mega Diana boat for the show and the price included being picked up from our apt,and the driver was waiting for us when we came out to drive us back.
Just wanted to add that we went to the Stella show in July and it was fab! My boyf wasn't really looking forward to it (I'd been told to go by my parents who were there the week before we went)think he thought he'd end up getting dragged up on stage, but on the way back to our hotel he was asking if we could go again, he'd enjoyed it that much!

The food at Harmony bar is gorgeous too, specially the chocolate brownies, yum!
hi

I am going to marmaris on 15th September and staying in the armutalen area, after reading this forum I shall be going to the talk of the town and the stella show. First time to marmaris, normally go to bodrum and gumbet. Cant wait
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.