Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Not a tapas bar but the best fish place I know down here is at the Carihuela end of Torre on the main drag where the shops are, not the seafront, it is called Casa Juan and it has a website. Packed with Spanish, all our friends rave about it too. Paella (lunch time only for the Spanish) and the shellfish is outstanding.
Cant remember the name but the one half way up the walk/steps from beach to town on the right hand side as you go up with some seats outside is very popular with the locals. I always liked it there. It has a terrace as well.

Nivsy
I think the one nivsy is talking about is Quitepea (or something similar) been in a few times for a drink, very nice and they do wines and sherrys.

If you walk up San Miquel street from the beach on your left hand side is the El Dorado, nice bar with a lovely raised terrrace overlooking the street, tapas are cheap and not too bad.

Heard about one at the top of San Miguel street near the train station, heard it`s good but tried a few times to find it but haven`t done yet.

if you do find any good ones let me know.
Tony La Tahona is good, had a few lunchtime, long lunches there, with a bottle of wine people watching. If you pm me with your e mail will send you a picture. Its just the road behind the promenade.myself and husband love to just watch the world go by
As Nivsy and Christine said Bodega Quitapenas is a good busy tapas bar with a large selection of wines and sherries from the barrel. http://www.quitapenas.es/index_eng.htm
Another popular one near the train station (Torremolinos) is El Gato Lounge, popular with the gay community. http://www.elgatolounge.com/

Robby :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.