Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I am being charged 900 THB to the Sukhumvit Road area by the Hotel, so I suppose 1000 THB is about right for a Hotel pick up to the Silom Rd area, Taxi's I believe would be cheaper but its the hassle of getting one! queing etc.. Personally I would much rather pay the extra and have a car waiting for when I arrive.
When you go through arrivals there are touts with clipboards offering limousine give them a miss as they are very expensive, go to taxi desk give destination, pay 50baht for your ticket go outside and get a taxi and make him turn his meter on (illegal not to do so) you will be asked 40baht for tollway, should cost you about 350-400baht for fare .
Yes- we did as oldoldgit said and were 450baht to the Landmark. However, we did not find the taxi desk but there was someone there at the front of the queue giving out the slips. It gives drivers name as well so thats handy if there were any problems. It was very straightforward.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.