Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I was there last December and there is no problem.

Just ignore anyone trying to tell you otherwise as there is a taxi desk outside the terminal (to the left I think) who will issue you with a ticket with the price on it (around 350 baht, if I remember correctly) you then just wait in the queue beside it and off you go.

Enjoy Bangkok it's a wonderful city.
Thanks datsun, . Only 12 hours left before we take off . I'm sure we will enjoy it all .
Hopefully the weather will have improved I notice that its still raining in Bangkok , but Phuket is a bit better
I'll disagree a bit with datsun as you will get all kinds asking you if you want a taxi as you try to get to the taxi desk. Once you've got to the desk though its easy enough to arrange your transfer. However don't be suprised if your taxi driver stops on the journey as he may not know where you're hotel is, so may need to phone someone (sometimes the hotel itself) to find out where it is. Also be prepared for the Bangkok style of driving which leaves alot to be desired.
Sunbear wrote:
I'll disagree a bit with datsun as you will get all kinds asking you if you want a taxi as you try to get to the taxi desk. Once you've got to the desk though its easy enough to arrange your transfer. However don't be suprised if your taxi driver stops on the journey as he may not know where you're hotel is, so may need to phone someone (sometimes the hotel itself) to find out where it is. Also be prepared for the Bangkok style of driving which leaves alot to be desired.

Thanks for this , our hotel has actually sent us a map with instructions in Thai for the taxi driver , hopefully this will circumvent part of that problem .
OOhh better not tell OH Jensen Button typie might be driving us , must keep the camera handy .LOL his face will bea picture , hes bad enough with me LOL
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.