Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Taxi Costs
21 Posts
The transfer cost in our holiday is going to be £90 from Heraklion to Aghios Nik. It will take about 2hrs 15 mins. Anyone know of a cheaper and quicker way?
Depending on how many of you there are, a taxi will take about an hour, I'd guess at about 50 euros per taxi taken from info on this site from last year.

http://www.explorecrete.com/various/crete-taxis.htm

You'll probably get 4 people and luggage into a taxi, and they're easy enough to find directly outside the airport. (My mum and dad managed when they visited me when I lived there, and they'd never been abroad before)

HTH
Thanks for the reply Wee Kebab! Unfortunately there are only 2 of us so we will just pick up a taxi for ourselves. I priced it and it is only £10 more than the TA and we will get there quicker.

Julie
a friend's daughter come by with a taxi in a village further from Agios Nikolaos and paid for one way 60 Euro. she got the taxi from the airport and thats why it was expensive.
The normal price one way for day time hours is 45 euros for Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos if you book it with a driver from Agios Nikolaos
Could anyone let me know the cost of a taxi from Heraklion airport to Chania and the nearby coastal towns. Unfortunately we can not fly to Chania airport as flights are only on a tuesday, so are thinking of either having a taxi or hiring a car from Heraklion for the duration of the holiday. Also does anyone know the time it would take to drive between these two places and does the dual carriage national road extend all the way. Sorry to ask so many questions, but hubby wants to know. many thanks.
A taxi between Heraklion and Hania would be quite expensive, I would say between 70 and 100 euros (I could be wrong as the longest taxi journey I've taken is Gioryoupolis to Heraklion!). Car hire is quite possible - there are plenty of outlets at Heraklion Airport and the journey takes about 2.5 hours by car BUT as soon as you leave the airport you are right in the thick of things - traffic lights, city traffic etc!

A more relaxing trip (one that I've done many times!), is to get a taxi into the bus station at Heraklion (about 8-10 euros) then get a bus from there to Chania (about 3 hours) - the new buses are very comfortable, you both get a better view of the scenery and I for one feel a bit safer on the national road if I'm encased in something as big as a bus! :shock: The buses run about hourly http://www.bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetables2.html and cost around 12 euros pp. (don't be misled by the timetable, you don't need to change at Rethymnon.!)

This also means that you don't have to negotiate Chania by car and find a parking place. Buses to the Chania strip run every 15/30 minutes from the bus station, so you could get out to say Agia Marina and then hire a car.

Just to give you an idea of how good the public transport system is - next year we are planning the folowing route (by bus and boat) - Heraklion, Hora Sfakion, Loutro, Sougia, Paleohora (including Elafonissi), Chania, Heraklion.......in 11 days!

Oh yes....the national road goes all the way from Heraklion to Chania....and beyond!

Phew!
arriving in crete for the first time in two weeks time. cant wait! staying in elounda and believe it is about 2-3 hours from airport by coach. does anyone know how much a taxi would be and should you book one in advance or pick one up when we arrive at heraklion. staying at the manos apartments so if anyone has any info about it that would also be greatly appreciated. thanks!
We've been a few times and it's never taken more than 2 hours.

Try http://www.elounda77.net for some specific info on the lovely resort of Elounda.

DA
If you are feeling up to it, you might find that it is not a great deal more to hire a car - we are going in 4 weeks and it is costing us £114 for a Renault Clio type car for the week - great for sight seeing and getting to the airport before the crowds check in !

Just a thought :roll:
:D thanks for the replies. as there are 5 of us i think we will just go on the coach. as its our first time in crete i suppose we will learn a wee bit about the place from the rep on the way to the hotel. 2 weeks to go and we cant wait!
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum idea so please bear with me if I make any big mistakes! :oops: I have lived in ELounda for the past twenty one years and I know that you will all enjoy your holidays here- it is a great place to be and the Manos Apartments are fine- friendly people who will make you very welcome! As you are five people coming, Carol, it is a good idea to take the coach as by law taxis are allowed to carry only four passengers here in Greece.

Have a good flight everyone and enjoy your holidays! :lol:
Paleohora (including Elafonissi)

I hope this is the bit you are doing by boat. The mountainside track between PaleOhora and Elafonisi is barely navigable by car!
As the search is not working, can anyone tell me the cost of a taxi from Heraklion Airport to Stalis.

It's not urgent, but I'm trying to work out the cost of a DIY to Stalis compared with a TA.
Hi,

Have a look at this link, I think you will find it helpful.
What link???????????
for a company i work for the last years price was 30 Euro per way. for this year they expect increase due to petrol. they dont have prices yet so i cant help you out. at least you have an idea
Thanks for the reply sokin its very helpful.
you very wellcome :D
Does anyone know how much a taxi costs from hersosonnis to malia, especially in the evening/early morning for clubbing?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.