America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Expensive i would Say.....its about a 40-45 min drive.......this is only my guess but i would say be around $65-70 dollars maybe even more,im sure someone on here may give you a closer answer.

http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/taxi_limo_shuttle.asp

theres a link above maybe contacting one of those shuttles give you a good idea.
if you look mears website they have a taxi cost estimator, looking at probably over $100 each way, we have always used http://www.transportation2disney.com and paid $170 return for five of us, although i think they can talke up 8 passengers on same booking for same price, if there is only 2 of you ,then you might want to look at shuttle transfers, i know travelrepublic do them and im sure it was orlando carriers that my brother used and cost him $52 return for himself.
Most taxis charge $2 to $2.50 a mile- so around $100 since the airport is 49 miles from your destination hotel according to Google.
couldnt you contact who you booked it with and ask if they do transfers......i know thomson holidays do from sanford....if not i would get your hire car hotels in kissimmee not to hard to find once you get onto the 192.
Thanks for the comments. I had already looked at the pre-bookable transfer agents such as Mears etc. The company I booked with the holiday with want £137 for a shuttle service for the 4 of us. However, I dont fancy waiting round (up to 45 minutes I read) for a shuttle which will then drop other passengers off all along the way.
I was wondering more about taxi cabs as in the past I have found the pre-bookable transfer companies to be more expensive (when in Spain.) Also I note that some of the transfer companies include a 20 minute grocery stop. This is fine if you are going self catering but we won't need to stop. Presumably the cost of the transfer driver waiting round 20 mins while you shop is included in the price and therefore it is more expensive.
I am assuming that there is a line of cabs outside the airport, and have read somewhere that there is a board with the average fares posted on it there. Does anyone know, or have used this taxi cabs before? Thanks in advance.
The 'Quicksilver' company which I posted the website for was $130, which is a lot less than your shuttle quote of £137! You don't have to have the grocery stop if you don't want it. People who use this are not usually self-catering, they are just stocking up on things like Coca Cola, beer, snacks, cereal and milk for breakfasts, that sort of thing. A 'town car' is what we would call a minicab. At least if you book something like that, you would feel something was arranged in advance and you wouldn't run the risk of finding no taxis available on arrival. Though I have to say, I agree that you would be better off just renting a car from the airport. If you get one later in the holiday, you will just be wasting a morning doing that, when you could be having fun!
I have stayed at that Hotel.
I would say that you should save your money on the transfers and collect your hired car at the airport.
The queue will not be that long in the Month that you go, and its a pretty straight forward drive once you get onto the i4 motorway.
OK i know its a long flight but have a nap on the plane, excitment will soon keep you awake once you land there.
Another thing is at the Hotel you might have a long walk to your rooms from the check in desk, and a car makes it alot easier.
It's a nice hotel, plenty of eating places around that area (Buffet chinese across the lake from the Hotel is Brill.

Les
If you go to the Sanford Intl Airport website, click on Ground Transportation you can fill out an estimate of taxi fare- I just did it for your hotel and it comes up as $108- that should be for up to four people in the cab.
Thank you again for your suggestions. It is wonderful to have all this help. We have got a few weeks yet so will give the ide of car hire from the airport some more thought and will let you know what I decide in the end. Fluffyles, thanks for your response. it is good to know that you ahve stayed at the hotel. I would like to get in touch if that is ok as I am sure I will have lots of questions. thanks again everyone.
Avoid Alamo and Dollar and go via one of the other rental companies (Budget, Avis etc) and the queues will be a lot shorter. Book through Holiday Autos or the like for the best deal.
Just to let everyone know, we finally made a decision and decided to book a hire car to be picked up from the airport. Booked through Holiday Autos as we were able to take advantage of a special promotion from a motoring organisation we belong to. The booking is actually with Alamo at Sanford so we shall just have to wait and see how big the queue is. Thanks for all the advice. Nikki
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.