Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi,
Taxi should cost no more than 50LE thats 5 English. If you're prepared to haggle then you may get one for 40LE. If you want to send me a PM then I can provide you with numbers of a couple of reliable drivers.
Hope you have a great holiday here in Luxor.
Sorry, but there is no way it should cost £5 stirling. I can't remember how much we paid but it was no where near that price.
Haven't been to Luxor in over two years now but I certainly wouldn't argue with someone lucky enough to live there! Suffice it to say, as long as you appear confident and knowledgeable, tax fares are really cheap compared with Britain.
Hi
I know you'll enjoy Luxor, a very interesting place, shame about most of the locals though. You will be hastled big time, by taxi drivers, by calesh drivers, shopkeepers, market traiders, in fact nearly all of them will want to take your money. We were conned out of some of ours more than once, one of the tricks was when we paid for something with a £50E note and they (along with plenty of their friends) insisted we paid with a 50p note, watch out for that one.
Having said that, the sights around there are amazing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.