Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thats what I do dragon07, and saves you getting ripped off at the exchange in the airport.
dragon

Have you got contact details please? Still debating whether to get taxi like I usually do or do the dreaded coach journey :que
hi just a little add on to this if you take your mobiles with you get them opened there and use for taxi,hotels etc contact me for info :tup
i agree with spike about using local buses.

i have used local buses many many times. and i have never been charged even 1 cent extra by those bus keepers. i pay the same as locals pay !

i have saved thousands of rupees by just using the local buses.

and the buses are amazing. some of them will take you all over the place to get from A to B ! ;) :cheers

ps... something to notice and photograph is the faces of those taxi drivers when they see you getting on to the buses ! :cheers

haha !
Every year there seems to be more tourists catching the bus because of the silly prices that the taxis try to charge ie calungute to candolin 150rps by taxi 7rps by bus
best is the nonstop panjim to margoa bus
17rps by bus taxi 850rps
you can get to anywhere so much cheaper by bus its also a great way of meeting the locals
we also went to Gokarna last year by train what a great experience and all for the cost of 22rps each :D
sharon
My husband is desperate for a train trip. I quite fancy it too, for the experience. Where did you get the train from Sharon and was it a day trip or overnight stop? We love using the local buses.
Hi polly
the train leaves from margoa at 1.30 and gets you to gokarn at 3.30
but theres no return train till the next day
Gokarna is a real must see place it has six beaches all so very beautifull
kudle beach for us was the best its also a very holy town nothing like goa
google it up and check it out it really is well worth a few days of your time
sharon
Thanks Sharon, that sounds fantastic, will definately have to try that if not this time, definately in March. Did you find accommodation when you got there or did you pre book it? Sorry, so many questions, but I just know he would love that.
p.s
the scenery when getting close to karwar is breath taking theres also cold drink and tea served every 10 mins so like me you dont have to take a bottle of warm water on the train with you lol
Gokarna it self is a dry town but we did find to bars there on our first night that we stayed at
hotel gokarna international which is not a real good hotel But for one night it served its purpose then from there we went to a hotel right on kudle beach its self absoluty great called hotel gokarna kudle beach resort
cost for that was 1000rps but youve got to see it to belive it its like a 5*
beach hotel
we jumped on a boat to the next beach called om which is also beautifull but a little more busy than kudle and some of the beach shacks you could smell the funny fags that they smoke so id give thast a miss All the shacks sell beer but if you drink vodka or gin ect ect bring it from goa with you
we had a great time and shall never forget it The peace and quite and the veiw of the beach from our room will stay with me forever
taking our grand daughter with us this year and the travelling will be a little to much for her as shes only 3
so will have to wait till next year
ok just found the phone number for the hotels as they own both
S.T.D 08386 256622 or 257368
sharon
Thank you so much for that info. If I think of any more questions I had better start a new thread or pm you, or we will get told off for going :offtop
ssharonuk ! i love the non stop bus from panjim to margao . some places it goes throught are so amazing. just get on to the bus and enjoy the one hour drive ! something i love also they only allow limited passengers so everyone gets a seat .

also i love the bus from mapusa to arambol ! ho ho ! its one of its kind driveway !! ;)

god now i am missing goa !

Alfred60, i am not sure of the taxi prices , but buses will never be too much. ! you wont even have to consider budgeting for transport if you take the bus !! haha...its really cheap.
hi one world traveller just opened a new topic as to keep this one on topic so to speak
love to read about some of your experiences of travelling by bus
Some thing for you to think about.....

"Goa taxi drivers stoned tourist vehicles, operators allege"

This happened yesterday, just after the bobings in Mumbai, what would have the poor toursits have thought!!!! - Another attack! - I'm guessing many opf them won't be returning..

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/43329
think you may be right poipleshadow, this is just another thing that will put people of,
its so sad too
EDIT: This seems to be only in the South.
===

Tourist Taxi Drivers (mostly white vans) are still on strike today (sunday 30th Nov). They have been out since Friday.
Town taxis (black/yellow) and tuc-tucs are still about.

The drivers have agreed (in theory) not to hassle hotel owners who are making special arrangements to get people to/from the airport.

This is part of the long running dispute over tour companies running buses on day trips to Waterfalls, Spice Farm etc.

The strike effects areas of the South, notably Colva, Benaulim, Varca and Cavelossim.
The Tourist Taxi strike in the south ended after talks on monday evening and they are now back at work.
Could someone tell me what's the price from the airport to Colva? Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.