Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:cheers our hotel has agreed to pick us up for 800r to calangute.we contacted them direct not thro the booking agent :sun2
Hi valleylady.... :wave:
Where is your hotel "taxi" picking you up from !!!
If its from the airport....i think its a little too much.....its only about 700r from pre-paid booth outside the airport doors.... :que
thanks for info,but we are 4 passengers,and are carrying loads of exess luggage for el shaddai :tup
DEBS 16.......................... You were kind enuff to send us all contact details for Lawrence the tazi driver you use. Like a plank I have mislaid the info, PLEASE would you resend???? Thanx in advance. Only 2 and a 1/2 monthe to go , Visas been sorted. :sun2
HelenandClive

To prevent any of your post being deleted, please do not post in phone style text, eg thanx instead of thanks, enuff instead of enough, etc as per our Rules of Posting

Rules Of Posting:

2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
hi Helen and clive,here are lawrence`s details email:lawriegoa@yahoo.com tel:9822154797 sorry i don`t know the dialing code,also he is very slow in replying as he goes to an internet cafe,but he will get back to you,Lucky you only two and a half months to go makes ours seem never ending enjoy.
Hi Debs,

Thankyou very very much , will do my best NOT to lose these details. Cant believe the time gouing so fast, though not complaining.
With both Love and Thanks
Clive and Helen XXXX
Just seen this - the dialling code from UK for mobiles is 0091 then the number, if you are dialling a landline from UK it is 0091832 then the number - hope this helps.

Give my love to Lawrence - mailed him a while back and I'm still awaiting a reply, I will shoot him when I see him :rofl
Fizz
Hi fizz
i`ve also mailed lawrence a few times now with various pick ups but no reply
Debs
We are staying in the village Royal in Calangute, which sounds like a bit of a trek by the brouchure. Any idea how much it would be in a taxi to Baga where the clubs are? So we don't get ripped off on the first night
Hi, Anybody know of any good taxi men who pick up from airport from Cavossolem??

if not what's the going rate pre pay?

Thanks in advance.
The best thing is to get a taxi from the airport, they have fixed (ish) prices, they do occasionally try to give you the wrong change or pay for extra luggage (don't, unless you have lots) as fa as I am aware 1 main and one hand luggage is standard and not extra...

The latest list from 2009 can be found here, also links to train station price lists also...

http://www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Taxi-Airport-Price-List

*Updated due to old link no longer working
Cheers Rob, great help.

Donation pakage being prepared & will be delivered in December.

How you get time to answer all the emails you do and run that great place is amazing.

Lee.
Beachy, Hi thanks for the package, look forward to seeing you :)
Emails... Well, it does take quite a while I have to admit. My keys on my keyboard are somewhat worn, the most popular keys being o n m a s e . - as there are no letters left on them :)
I have added a new taxi list to the website (although it's not in the menu yet),

It's the most useful for me as it's based in Mapusa (my local town), although since the prices have gone up they have changed quiet a few, I don't know if it was printed wrong or they are just trying it on.. It's here anyway. Good if you want to know how much it SHOULD be from the beach into town. These are all one way prices, returns should be 25 - 50% more? (at a guess)

http://www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Mapusa-Taxi-Price-List
Re Lawrence

His home phone number is **** if you want to try that?
We have used him a number of times (mainly to and from the The Banana Shack, but also for trips) but last season he kept passing his jobs on (return airport trips!) to others for some reason!
I too have emailed without response!
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2009-11-13 13:11:54
    Edit to remove phone number.
Hi Kippaxian,
Thanks for the info but it's all sorted, heard from Lawrence a while back and he is picking me up at the airport (unless he has passed me on to someone else, which I sincerely hope he hasn't). He does share work out with his brother Luciano (which is fine) but I don't want picking up by any strangers :yikes Fizz
hi
all im new to the site. i need some help im flying to dabolim airport
19 feb.is it far to calangute by taxi ore by bus and the price for both.
and the same to candolin
thanks
boromick
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.