Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
TAXI PRICES
17 Posts
We did last year for 25 Lira. That was mid afternoon maybe more at night.
Margaret
You can also take a taxi-boat, not sure of the costs however. Certainly be more sceneic.
Use the Dolmus, not sure exactly how much it would cost, but probably no more than 2TL (80p)
the taxi boat cost us about £2 each last year abour 5 lira better than a bus or taxi
Last September we were two families and needed two taxis at about 5.30pm from Marmaris back to Icmeler, both taxis were on meters, both went the same way, one following the other, our friends taxi was 23 Lira ours was 28 Lira (They were 2 adults and 1 child, we were 2 adults 2 children), next time we asked for a fixed price before getting in the taxi, the first driver refused and would only use the meter, the driver behind him offered to take us for 20 lira.

Dave
Sorry to drag this a little of topic but I believe the main question has been answered now.

Somtimes when waiting at a Dolmus stop and only traveling perhaps what would take us 5 minutes to walk (hot conditions = tiredness) we usually offer to pay a Taxi Driver what it would cost us on the Dolmus, they always accept, there are taxis near most of the Dolmus stops and somtimes it saves waiting a few minutes for the next to arrive.
We have just returned from Marmaris today and whilst we didn't use any taxis this time, the taxi boat to Icmeler cost 7.5 YTL and the dolmus was 1.75 YTL (both prices for one way obviously).
Gosh havnt the taxis gone up over the last few years, 4 years ago on our 1st visit it was only 10 T lira,we have not used taxis since only dolmus,but I remember last year it was about £40 to the airport,one way.
Their petrol is actually a little more expensive than ours :yikes Now thats expensive :yikes

Thats why their taxi fares are not cheap, but the dolmuses are cheap & I think car & bike hire is pretty reasonable too.

I would not dream of asking a taxi driver for a fixed price if he was metered or offer him bus/dolmus fare. But that is in part due to the fact that my husband is a cabbie & would go mad :wink:

Crispy if that £40 was Dalaman to Marmaris, thats not bad really for that journey. Central London to London Gatwick will be that (at least) & maybe more. So it's not bad when you compare it to like for like really.
yes it isnt a bad price for a taxi, we have always booked a coach transfer with our flight only before, at @ £15 each, but there are 4 of us this year, and we have booked a private mini bus, with free cold drinks, for £90 total, and get there a lot quicker, a company well recomended,return price.
Anyone tell me what time the Dolmus run to at nights? Thinking specifically Icmeler to Marmaris.

Oops - just noticed another topic asking exactly same thing and appears it is about midnight. Cheers
hi

can any one recommend a taxi company from dalaman to marmaris?

on the websites ive been on the price seems to vary from 45 to 65 (pounds).

thanks

chonie x
Dont pay more than £45, we have booked private transfers for £90 return for 4 of us,same for 2,with free cold drinks,minibus.
ok thanks

ive just found another topic with some recommened websites!

thanks again
Just looked on Dalaman Airport website,and taxi fare to Marmaris is now £55.
hi ive just managed to book a return transfer for 80 pounds return.

roll on july!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.