Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Taxi transfers
12 Posts
Hi annie,
I have read recently that the Algarve rail service has been upgraded and that trains from Faro to Tavira now run hourly.
However, as regards practicality of rail transfer, if I were you I'd let myself be guided by Pat 42 who is the forum's Cabanas expert.
May be a none starter but have you thought about hiring a car. You can hire a car very cheaply about 130 euros for the week.
What good is a car that's a non starter Mick? :rofl

I'll get me coat...
OK dick very droll but can we please help this member ..any suggestions

wizard
I get a private taxi from Faro to Cabanas re a friend who lives in Cabby and has a contract with the taxi guy....35 euros. So 37 euros is not too bad. Taxi is best as the train will only take you to Conceicao and then you have to walk 15 mins downhill to Cabby.
I will look at alternatives for you and let you know what I find.
Pat
:glynis
Sagres,
Am honoured..............praise from you..the Lagos expert...........what can I say?
:rofl
O.K. Annie, why don't you try Alan Sutton who comes highly recommended by HT readers?
Have a look at his website and ask for a quote.
As he gives a little discount for return fares, he might give you a good discount for all the journies that you will have to make?
http://www.ownersinportugal.org/Private-Direct-Transfers-from-Faro-Airport-to-your-Resort
It's worth a try if you don't want the hassle of the trains and taxis will be much quicker too.
Hope this helps.
Pat
O.K. Annie, why don't you try Alan Sutton who comes highly recommended by HT readers?

Thanks Pat, I sent Alan a mail, and he has offered us a very good quote for all our transfer, so I am very happy :D It takes a bit of pressure off us, and we can just relax and look forward to our visit.

Thanks again for your help :wink:
Annie,
Remember to let me know how you got on in Cabanas and what you thought of it!!! :lol:
Enjoy your hols.
Pat
Thanks Pat, will fill you in when we get back. Less than 3 weeks to go :D We can't wait 8)
We go 5 weeks this coming Thursday........likewise, can't wait!!!!
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.