Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Night Nurse what month are you travelling to Goa?
sorry forgot to say we will be there from the 3rd of Jan, 17 more sleeps :D :cheers
We got back last Friday Night Nurse and it was very warm most evenings. I always take a very light cardigan with me anyway, but then I am the coldest person in the world!!! :rofl I think the temp in the evenings was about 25 or 26 degrees.
I would take a very light cardigan to be on the safe side.
Have a brilliant holiday x
The evenings are lovely and warm but if you're out late can get a little chilly but nothing a pashmina over the shoulders won't cope with. However you will see the Goans sporting leather jackets, gloves and hats, especially when riding bikes early morning and late at night as it is their winter! :rofl
nothing a pashmina over the shoulders won't cope with

If you want a nice (quality) pashmina - try Fabindia on the main Candolim Road, just along from Newton's on opposite side.

Or - look for the Italian lady at Ingo's Saturday night market - she brings them in from Italy - none of your "Bombay Bazaar" rubbish.
If your planning to ride a bike you could probaably do with a fleece as it does get cold riding about especially in open spaces, me personally wears a fleece and a denim jacket now.
I love the cold at night when out on the moped. When you travel between two paddie fields it gets really nippy. Its not so bad on the beach as the sand tends to retain the heat a little.
Good advice Max! We went to Fabindia back in 2007. Ended up buying a few bits for my family, and they were in a different league to everything else that I saw.

Really nice shop
Fabindia also have another, bigger shop, in Panaji - it's behind Kala Academy along the Miramar. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.