EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I agree with you (and not rude at all - just very sensible) and would like to know the same - there's way too much uninformed opinion on various Forums and very little hard truth - but sorry I don't have any facts to add.

What's really difficult is that while it is known that some people are being fined/warned about being fined, it just isn't clear what the actual reasons are and whether they are more than just individuals letting their one own holiday home (and declaring the income for tax). The only person I know of was living in Tenerife and letting out an additional apartment but I don't know if they owned and let out others as well and what their tax position is - their complex was notified that the person would be fined but I don't know whether that has actually happened.

Where did you read whatever it is that you read today? Who had written/published it? Is it from an official source?

Regards,

Escherfan
There is a lot of information on "Tenerife Forum" but none of it conclusive at all.
Have a look at it.
Thanks for your info.
Rodz
Hi Rodz, it would seem highly unlikely that you couldn't let an apartment just because of it's location. I'd be inclined to beleive that inspections etc would be for tax purposes. I live on the mainland in an area where there are lots of holiday lets advertised in the local paper, on lamp-posts or by a note posted in the window or in the doorway. As far as I know there is no national law that prohibits short term letting and I doubt that there are any local by-laws either. What papers did you see this in, and what areas of Tenerife? Perhaps I can have a dig around.
Enclosed is a copy of an earlier article which has caused a lot of consternation.

This is a translation of an article produced on 14th December under the title.

El Gobierno de Canarias inspeccionará en 2011 la planta alojativa turística para detectar las camas ilegales.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/902620/0/&ei=bvs2Tt__NcOp8AOu-tCgDg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Deuropapress%2BEl%2BGobierno%2Bde%2BCanarias%2Binspeccionar%25C3%25A1%2Ben%2B2011%2Bla%2Bplanta%2Balojativa%2Btur%25C3%25ADstica%2Bpara%2Bdetectar%2Blas%2Bcamas%2Bilegales%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DyFe%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1384%26bih%3D742%26prmd%3Divns" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/902620/0/&ei=bvs2Tt__NcOp8AOu-tCgDg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Deuropapress%2BEl%2BGobierno%2Bde%2BCanarias%2Binspeccionar%25C3%25A1%2Ben%2B2011%2Bla%2Bplanta%2Balojativa%2Btur%25C3%25ADstica%2Bpara%2Bdetectar%2Blas%2Bcamas%2Bilegales%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DyFe%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1384%26bih%3D742%26prmd%3Divns

We live in Cristianos and several complexes both touristic and residential are being targeted.
Thanks Rodz

EDIT: Hi Rodz ... I appreciate that various websites have reproduced that article in infringement of copyright, however for our protection I have had to replace the quoted text with a weblink.
David HT Mod
Hi Guys,
To get this link to open I had to hold down the control key.
Rodz
When clicking on an external link, you should get a pop up informing you that you are leaving HTs. Just click OK. But if your pop up blocker prevents that from happening, just right click on the link and you should be able to select Open from there.

David :wave
Thanks for that I understand.
I did get the prompt to press OK or cancel and pressed OK, it still wouldn`t open until I let a pop up in.
I now realise I could have rt. clicked to open as per your instrutions.
Thanks
Rodz
Blimey, well I had a look around but there doesn't seem to be much 'official' information does there? Given that everyone on the Tenerife Forum is speculating and they should know more than I, best I don't comment - I'm sure you are tired of opinions. Good luck with whatever happens.
Thanks fo looking around.
Not an easy one
Rodz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.