EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Nigel ... haven't you tried advertising in our very own Private Rentals forum ?

David :wave
Hi David, I have now submitted an ad in the private rentals forum. If the pic is too large, then please let me now & I will downsize it. (Not sure how I know whether it is more than 400 pixels wide). :oops:
Many thanks
Nigel
Hi Nigel,

We've had an advert on Holiday Lettings since last August and we've had over 20 enquiries, several of which have resulted in bookings. I can certainly recommend them.
Nigel

One rental listing site can be good for certain areas and not so good for others. To find out what sites are good for your area, type into a search engine your key phrases e.g. Tenerife apartment to rent, and see who's on the first couple of pages.
Hi
We have had a good response from this site:-
http://www.myvillarenters.com/default.asp?rag=17005P&rcam=textlink

Its quite easy to use, and you can upload all your own pictures of the villa.

Geoff and Olya
Just joined the forum and thought i would add another recommendation. http://www.rentinspain.co.uk have proved excellent for me during the last three years. Great thing is they only deal with property in Spain.
I've been very pleased with rentinspain in the past, but for some reason it's just not performing for us at the moment. I am getting many more enquiries from Holiday lettings.
I have been with Holiday Lettings since last July, fortunatly my apartment gets pretty good utilisation through friends & family but I have to say that 50% of my bookings have come from H L, definately reccomend them.

Regards

Peter
Hi all, just wondering how you organise things when advertising your property yourself. Do your clients arrange their own flights and airport pickup or do you arrange that for them. How do you collect payment etc. etc. Any info much appreciated. :?
Natie

I am sure that everyone has different procedures, but we normally do not get involved in arranging flights or pick ups etc although on the odd occasion that i have been asked its always nice to help, so I am willing to do a bit of research for them to enable them to get the best flights.

Payments are usually received by cheque, deposit to reserve the booking with the final payment by cheque six weeks before the departure date.

If you want any further assistance or information you can send me a p m and I would be willing to assist you in a bit more depth if you want.

Regards

Peter
I don't get involved with guest's travel arrangements either. I ask for a 25% deposit at the time of booking with the balance due 8 weeks prior to arrival.

Usually UK guests pay by cheque, but when I had a very late booking I gave them my bank details and they deposited cash in the account at their local branch which showed up on my internet statement immediately.

2 weeks before departure I send the keys and directions to the property and the key deposit I take with the final balance ensures that I receive them back pretty quickly on their return.
Thank you both Ian and Peter, your help is very much appreciated. Good idea about the key deposit! Anita.
Better than sending out keys is to have a keybox at the door and give the guests the combination number.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.