Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi fabsec ... just in case you have lost track of it, Andrew has answered your previous post in the Weather Q&As topic:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1285&p=1536788#p1536788

David :wave
Thanks, I wondered where my previous question had gone.
Tenerife has a an even temperature all year round when we have been there in Nov/Dec the temperature is around 24c during the day average, we will be there again for a month in November and would expect that kind of temperature again, we had six weeks in April/May it was a little higher but not as you would notice. Enjoy. no where better in the winter months.
Thinking of going around 10th October myself so that sounds ideal if its nice and warm
Whilst I agree with davidnewman with respect to daytime temps, it's worth mentioning that it can get very cool in the evenings. A jacket or sweater is a must for some nights. Also you can get very heavy rain showers lasting several hours, be prepared. Other than that the weather throughout the winter months is really lovely. We go every Nov/Dec and Feb/Mar (4 weeks each visit) and have always enjoyed it.
Like many others we go early Oct to mid Nov and March-April and our recollection is that Oct/Nov is very warm (last October is was very very hot), the apartment windows are all open and fans are on throught the night to cool us down during this period and rain, if it happens, is warm ! In Mar/Apr some evenings can be cool especially if you are near the coast and maybe having dinner overlooking the sea.

We normally wear a fleece jacket for the trip from the UK, (Manchester in Oct and March can be a little cool !) and this is used if necessary rather than take winter woolies that you are unlikely to need.

Regards Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.