Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi

We go to Tenerife every Christmas and New Year, and have been doing so for about ten years now. Last year we went from 16 Dec - 6 Jan. In my opinion it always seems busier then then any other time during the year. Luckily we own Timeshare so don't have any problems getting booked up but we have spoken to quite a few people who try to book for this time of the year and although they manage to get the odd flight going out they really struggle when it comes to hotels/apartments as they are all booked.

Regards Jackie
I am also going to Tenerife at Christmas on boxing day I am really looking forward to it going to Royal Palm apartments in Los Cristianos I booked them independently does anyone know what they are like? I am going on 3rd october too but we have a time share so I know what that will be like!! Tenerife is Fantastic I don't know how anyone could say otherwise you have to make an effort to fin the right place for you the chicken shack places run by locals are great!! both the staff and the restaurant are lovely :P
We went for the first time at New Year last year and enjoyed it so much, booked up for this year as soon as we came home. We also fly out on Boxing Day until 7th January. I found it was fairly busy but in general I felt as though there was a more mature clientele (and I include myself in that!) which I guess is due to the fact is pretty expensive to get there at Christmas and New Year. I enjoyed it far more than any holidays I have ever had there in the Summer, far more relaxing and not as many 18-30's - no offence intended to anyone in that bracket of course :wink
...going to Royal Palm apartments in Los Cristianos I booked them independently does anyone know what they are like?

Obviously standards will vary from apartment to apartment because they are all privately owned, but it is a nice development. It is 17/18 years old, but you wouldn't know it - it is very well maintained.

There are two pools - one of which is heated.

Just across the road is Beverley Hills timeshare, so you have access to the bar and nightlife there. You can also use the tennis courts, squash courts etc etc (although obviously not at the same price as BHC members)

Plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance.
Hi Mike, thanks for your reply I had a bit of trouble logging in but Glynis has sorted me out!! As you are from Chayofa do you know what happened to Leon the Saxaphone player from Clarets? Many thanks, kind regards, Sue :D
Sorry - in a word ... no
hi, We went to tenerife for the first time this year, We would like to go back for new year, what weather can you expect, people are telling us that there really isn't that much difference throughout the year but we find that a little difficult to believe as it was bloomin hot!
If the weather is fine during the winter there is little difference. It will be a few degrees cooler, in the low to mid-twenties in the sun on the south coast. However, in winter there is always the possibility of more cloud and the odd unsettled spell when you can get some rain. The past couple of winters have been fairly unsettled during January and February but I have visited Tenerife in all of the winter months and never had more than the odd cloudy day and a couple of spells of rain. I can remember a week in February in 2004 that was beautiful with clear, blue skies and hot sunshine. It's etched on my mind because I spent half of the week looking at it through the window of my hospital room in Las Americas after an accident :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.