Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Thai Prices
8 Posts
I presume your thinking of early December as flights for Xmas/New Year period are getting pretty hard to come by.

Have a look at http://www.latestays.com for some room prices for late availibility within the next two weeks.

Eating out is cheap unless you are going to seriously posh restaurants, or maybe staying in your hotel. Beer costs around £1 for a large Singha or Chang in your normal tourist restaurant. A good Thai meal maybe a fiver a head, lunchtime snack a couple of quid. Street food even cheaper.
i hightly recommend hiring a longtail for the day, about 1500baht (£23) per boat for the entire day

a lot of island hopping trips cost about 1600bht per person and you are crammed on a speedboat and only get a short time on each island

in bangkok you can pick up lots of kinds of street food for about 20-50 baht per portion and there is normally enough to share for the two of you

we went to siam paragon food hall where there were lots of street food type food to try for about 20-30 baht per set, 3 dishes were enough for 2 and it was gorgeous. A great place to start if you want to learn all the types of food on offer.

We also found large changs for 45 baht in krabi town but that was a thai local town.
Flux
you'll have to start a new thread and tell us all about your holiday :D
i sure will :D still suffering the jetlag but i'll get right on it this week !
In Pattaya we found a lovely little restaurant that did the best Green Chicken Curry ever! Two starters, two curries and a beer each came to £5.40 in total - an absolute bargain!! We must have eaten there on about 5 or 6 occasions during the holiday! :D

TC
Off to pattaya next week,so how about the name of this place!!!! cheers,Paula
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.