Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Going up north it can be quite easy to miss the tourists if you want although most of the places you mention will have a tourist element to them which the Thais are quite keen to cater to. Chaing-Mai is pretty touristy, evidence the lively night market and the handicraft industries that cater to well heeled visitors, and tourist trips to hill tribe villages.

Mae Hong Sorn, was pretty sleepy when we visited everything shutting down by 8pm. Get yourself out into the countryside and you'll lose some of the tourist trappings. We have stayed in some 'resorts' in Northern Thailand where we were the only guests.

I visited Koh Tao ten years ago and it seemed pretty geared up for the backpacking crowd then.
Ko Tao is almost entirely divers, and young divers, young divers partying. And there are better beaches elsewhere! If you're going in November (whic can get quite a bit of rain on the East Coast) head to the islands off Phuket and Krabi. There are enough islands to find something quiet, relaxed, and alternative. If you don't like what you find, jump on a boat and head to another island the next day!
Hi We go to Thailand in March next year, look at this site, very helpful, we went by sleeper train to Chiang Mai last time and flew the time before.
Bangkok Bob
gives you skytrain map + underground plus rail information etc. Bosang umbrella village outside Chiang mai is worth a trip for gifts to take home.
Kanchanaburi authorities will perform "Light and Sound" at River Kwai Bridge from November 28 to December 9. if your interested.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.