Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
If price is an issue (it is for us) traveling before November the 1st is a lot cheaper. Nov 1 clicks over to the High Season and the hotel prices are ridiculously high. Before that magical NOV 1 date the prices are a LOT lower and often 2 for 1.

Having said that, Thailand hasn't fully recovered from their recent political troubles so you could find some great hotel and airline deals.

Hope you get a decent price and have a great trip.

Cheers Geri
As gerib says, save £££ by putting as much of your holiday in October as you can. November prices can be double October prices.

Hit the West Coast at that time (Phuket, Krabi, Phang Nga Province), avoid Samui.
We go high season to the regions mentioned by Sam...the main reason being the weather has settled, the sea has cleared and its safe to swim and take boat trips. Some Phuket beaches for example have some dangerous currents and undertows during the lower cost green season. To keep costs down we sometimes book accommodation late...within four weeks of traveling, or look for hotels during their soft opening periods so get a brand new hotel at a bargain price. Plus many hotels are crying out for business during the downturn. One hotel we stayed in was only a third full, another we were the only guests at one stage.
Some good advice from Sam and Sunbear.

Much depends upon what you are looking for in early November. We have tried Thailand in Jan, Feb, Mar and in Sep, Oct, Nov.

From personal experience, the further North you go, the better the weather in November (definitely avoid Samui).

It may be worth looking at Hua Hin (generally slightly better than Phuket in early November). If you are not looking for a beach, then a look around Chiang Mai may be worthwhile. A benefit of HH is that you can get a vehicle transfer (included if you book a package) saving both cost and probably time.

The beach at HH is not fantastic, but you may be able to pick up a good hotel deal. Also if you are new to Thailand, allow 3 nights to appreciate Bangkok.

If you are looking for Premium Economy to Bangkok, Trailfinders have a good deal at the moment:

£889 --Eva Airways from London Heathrow 21/08/2009 to 09/12/2009
http://flights.trailfinders.com/Premium/Bangkok

We are rather fond of Eva, Premium - good legroom, usually good aircraft and reasonable food.

I am sure that you will enjoy Thailand, whether on the West coast or HH.

Cheers

Peter
Hi, we are off to Cha Am in October booked with 'Destinology' flying with Eva from Heathrow staying at the holiday inn- we are paying £670 per person. This was booked back in April so I am not sure how much the prices will have changed since but it may be worth a look. Destinology seem to get good reviews too.
Bangkok is a good place to start staying 2 to 4 nights as there are many day trips you can do from the capitol. Landmark hotel is excellent but will cost you about £80 per night or there is the Majestic Suites next door at about £20- per night. Value for money the majestic suites are great look at their web site and i think you will be impressed.

I have lived in Thailand for nearly two years the place is great, but be warned you are seen as a walking atm machine. The only place i would advise you not to visit is Patong where i have spent much time in business. The crime rate there against foreigners is highter than average and there have been several killings this year.

If you want traditional Thailand go to Chang Mai or romantic Koi Samui.

Have a great holiday i am sure you will go back, just watch you wallet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.