Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Similar story Fiona I have been to KS in August 3 times.
In the 3 weeks spent there we have probably had 2 quite bad days of rain and clouds then the odd shower or downpour here and there, not enough to spoil our hols and still mainly dry and sunny, going back to KS this year after Cambodia in July as I feel KS is a good bet at this time of year.
Also been to Mae Hong Sorn in August and I must admit it was quite wet and rainy most of the time (although usually sunny first thing in the morning) this did not ruin our sightseeing though and somehow added to the misty romance of the place.
Chiang Mai also visited in August - beautiful hot sunny days, although the week before had been severe flooding , so definately taking a gamble in northern Thailand.
Bangkok in august 3 times , very humid and cloudy but not too much rain , definately okay for sightseeing.
Also Hua Hin in August we were only there 3 days but it was lovely and hot and sunny , just one very sudden tropical storm which lasted about 40 mins then dried up.
We were put of going to Hua Hin in the summer as we happened to believe the stats given in a holiday brochure. ( So many sources give inaccurate info!) I am not particularly fond of Hua Hin but it does make a good relaxation stop at the end of a lot of tiring sightseeing! Anybody else been to HH in the summer?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.