Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Was in Thailand for the first time last Christmas, had 3 days in Bangkok then 10 in Phuket.

Intend to go back again this Christmas & New Year, but have also found the flight prices so far very expensive. Last December my wife and I paid £766 (Booked early March) each for Emirates flights from Glasgow to Bangkok and that included a stopover in Hong Kong on the way back.

This year we just want straight flights Glasgow to Bangkok and Emirates are quoting around £1,275 each. :yikes

Hopefully they will come down in price or it may be back to Goa for us.
Here is the train info.
http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Bangkok%20to%20Chiang%20Mai

You can book a lot of rafting etc, trips through your hotel in C/Mai.
We booked our flights through airline-network.co.uk and prefer Eva airlines non stop flights
We paid £506 each for direct flights with EVA bought through Dialaflight ask for companion fare. Internal flights from Bangkok to Chiang Mai paid about £30 for 2, depending on when you buy them but I think you can get a flight from the Air Asia desk in Bangkok Airport for about 500THB.
Have discovered you can get flights (around Christmas time) with Jet Airways via Mumbai for around £750 each.

Anyone used Jet before?
Hi, We have just booked flights to Bangkok for over xmas and new year from gatwick ,flying with emerites for 516 each. We are then flying straight up to Chiang mai with airasia for approx 50 each.Have used airasia lots of times ,found them to be really good, cheap and reliable. our plan is 6 nights chaing mai (been to Thailand loads of times, but never been up north before), 7 nights koh mak ,11 nights koh chang, and 3 nights Bangkok.
Suzi
If you are looking at going to Thailand for xmas, Etihad has some excellent flights LHR to BKK for under £600. Leaving on 19th and returning on 31st. :) :)
If you are looking for cheap Air Asia had some flight advertised this week from Stansted to Kuala Lumpur for £283 return. You could then get a flight with them into Bangkok or Chiang Mai really cheap. They only have a certain number available and they are available up until January 2010. Bargain!!
Hi have you sorted your trip out? flights accommodation etc? i mite be able to help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.