Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
hi there,
i stayed at this hotel sept 06. very nice hotel it is too.

i think you may be able to upgrade to AI. BUT i would not recommend this.
waiters like to be tipped on everything they do. if you dont tip them you get shoddy service from them. almost ignored.

there is only one place to get snacks from and thats the place next to the beach, ate there once and never again. while we were eating another customer was eating fish and was complaing that there was maggots on his plate! he was going mental because the staff were acting as if nothing was wrong.

the alcate restraunt is good, but you would not get that included i dont think, and normal restraunt is ok nothing to write home about if im honest.

the hotel is very isolated too. nothing much to do no shops you can just nip out to.

if you plan on just staying in hotel and getting drunk then maybe this is for you?
me personally i wouldnt do it.

hope this has helped?
Thank you for your comments. I hope the service has changed since the refurbishment in 2008.
Hi
we have been to Tunisia quite a few times and it is one of the only places my husband insists on going all inclusive. We stayed in the Thalassa Village in January and have booked to go back in March and the all inclusive is definately worth it. The hotels are mostly in the middle of nowhere so you cant just pop out next door far a drink or a meal.
Sorry dont know anything about the hotel in question exept where it is. I would advise contacting who ever you have booked your holiday with and finding out the cost to upgrade.
Hope this helps.
Imp
I have just come back from Thalassa Monastir The hotel is FABULOUS and I have been there 7 times already - but it has been upgraded and is amazing! I am even considering a week on 27th August to go back for more. You will not be disappointed - the service you get is fantastic and the food great, The 'bbq' restaurant is great - a little pricey, but the ambiance of the place is worth every penny. Hope you have a great time ( I know you will!!)
Jenny G Thank you for taking the time to respond to my original Forum request.

Any problems with being short changed or things going missing from your room?
Can`t wait to go 1st time in Tunisia.

PWMH
I had no problem with things going missing - I paid a deposit for a little safe in my room which was well worth it ! I dont recall being short changed either - but best to be carefull. I wouldnt take much notice of other posts - i have been there 6 times and this time was the best - i dont mind a little bit of aircraft noise ( it was MINIMAL) and although I found the beach restuarant a bit pricey - the view from the tables and the service more than makes up for it. I am sure you will have a fantastic time - Im extremely Jealous! ( mind you the evening 'show' is a tad cheesy each night - dont expect much!!)
If you can drag yourself up at 4.30am - the sunrise is lovely - and ensure you are on the beach around 8pm to marvel at the sunset!
Thank God that we have people like yourself on the forum that can give a good honest accurate account of thier holiday experience. The place must have many things going for it if you have returned on 6 occasions.

Thanks once again for your comments.
I guess it depends what you are expecting - its north africa - so expect flies....!! Its not England !! but to me - its pure bliss and I love it....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.