Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
on the beach
108 Posts
Hi dizzygirl,
I booked a holiday with on the beach to turkey last week, the only thing I would say is when you book check your confirmation email from them carefully.
It was only when I read mine for a second time realised they where charging me an extra 40 pounds for flight meals which they said we had to take as they where compulsory with the airline we where flying with.
I had to then go back and pay extra on their website.
Personally I didn't mind because for the holiday we had chosen it was still a lot cheaper than if I had booked elsewhere. But I did find it a bit off when I thought I had paid my holiday in full.
Also remember their holidays don't include transfers. You can book them sepretley on their website but I found it cheaper to book them elsewhere.
Hiya thanks worked out probably cheaper to go with big tour operators and not have to organise transfers etc!
i wonder if anybody has used this website because i never used it any advice would be helpful
My daughter booked a holiday with them last week for the end on August, tickets arrived today via internet, every thing was straight forward, only problem she had was they tried to charge her about £29 extra by mistake but was soon rectified.
She is staying at the Alvaro, under £500 for two in apartment, that was cheapest on site.
:D Hi

We have always used them but for accom only never had any problems with them

Always a rep there if you need one

Good company very cheap for hotels :lol:
I used them to book accommodation in Tunisia in April and they were fine. I was amused to see that the phone number given for the rep was in Malaga. :lol: As I go out there regularly I didn't expect to need a rep so it wasn't a problem. I'm looking to book with them again for October but the price for the hotel varies each day, both up and down, often by a considerable amount, so I just need to catch them when it's down. :roll:
Been browsing On The Beach the last couple of nights, looking for a cheap deal in October half-term for the Canaries. I was looking to try and match a price I'd had for 10 nights in Benidorm all-inclusive (on the Thomson website) with a similar price for anywhere in the Canaries (more hopeful with the weather than in Benidorm in Autumn)
Found a few good ideas, including a huge choice of Thomas Cook flights to Lanzarote at various times of the day (on a Thursday for 10 nights) and combined this with a hotel I know is sold by Thomas Cook, but when I tried to compare the same on the Thomas Cook website none of these flights were available :? So how come On The Beach can offer them?
Also, I know Thomas Cook now give 15kg luggage allowance as standard and then give you the option to "not pay" the extra to have 20kg... Would a Thomas Cook flight booked from On The Beach have the extra 5kg each included in the price quoted, or would they send me the bill for that later on, along with the cost of flight meals?

I've never booked independent before :oops:
I think whoever you book thomascook flight with the luggage is the same.Never used On the beach before but read about a few problems on here and other sites.Give Travelrepublic.co.uk a try.I have used these four times in 15months no problems up to press.If you put cardstudent code in you will get a discount,not much about 5-7%.
Dont forget transfers are not included with on the beach
On the beach
Has anyone used these to book a holiday package ??
Would appreciate feedback as to their credibility and professionalism
merged with existing topic

wizard
Just booked a holiday with on the beach.com. Very cheap. Anybody had any problems with them
I booked a hotel through them last may to the Dominican Republic and everything ran smoothly and I've just booked a flight back to the Dominican Republic with otbeach for Jan26th this year and had no problems either...so far anyway.....keeping fingers crossed. They rang me to confirm something I needed to know and were very prompt and helpful. No complaints from me at all.
sam
Thanks for that info sam.You have put my mind at rest!
I have tried to send an enquiry to them..as there is not not enough options with the on-line form so i sent one to the admin e-mail ..they replied to use the on line form or phone the 08 number... so i sent another e-mail to the admin stating that the on-line form was not specific enough and i don't use 08 numbers and if interested pass my enquiry to the sales office...just had a mail back saying they do not have the e-mail i am referring to :duh

dose this give me confidence to deal with them :think NOT BLOODY LIKELY :que

wizard
Booked one week hotel only with them in Mexico. When we arrived we did not have a booking!!! Had to be moved to another hotel!!!
Hi there. I was wondering if anybody else had any dealings with otbeach.com because I have found an ideal holiday but have heard mixed things about them from various places.
I've heard people say that they have booked several holidays from them and never had a single issue, and people say that they have booked once and had various different problems.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks
We have booked 2 weeks self catering to Majorca in August through "on the beach". Very good price!Hope everything will be okay! Like you, we are a little concerned about the mixed reviews.
dear all,hate to say but a friend of mine recently booked with them,and there customer service is rubbish!!!!!!! they booked for turkey,bodrum actually,but the flights were to izmir,ot failed to inform they that its virtually impossible to get transfers from that airport to resort with anyone unless you want to pay £280,urghh!!! so cutting along story short after 3weeks of ringing them,emailing there admin team,(no responses,or we,ll email you back,or ambers off on holiday,or we,ll contact you within 24hrs)they have just got it sorted to actually change there resort to kusadasi.how can they be aloud to sell a package holiday without the option of a transfer,they sell transfers but not to and from that destination.other tour operators you can ring up and change anything(be it at a price)there and then same day.
just beware all,double check your itinerary and hopefully you wont need to contact them.i would hate to think in case of an emergency what the hell you would do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beware steer clear if your tempted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheap is never gone be cheerfull!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers laingy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.