Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Kazee - I can't say for definite, but I imagine everything will be fine. That place works like clockwork. The 1st time we stayed was a few days after a hurricane had hit. They worked day & night, and within 2 days it was as if nothing had happened. One of the best hotels I've stayed in. A tip for you, don't put your glass down empty unless you want it refilled :rofl :rofl Forgot to say, if you want a branded drink like Gordons or Smirnoff, ask for it, or you'll be given their stuff. Beware of the red wine :yikes
Hi peeps anyone got any info regarding this hotel???

Kazee x
Hi Kazee,

We have just returned from the Tequila so don't worry. You will have no problems. It's as good as it ever was, better in fact.

Look at the hotel reviews for more info.

Cheers

Keith
Thanks Keith do you have the email address to the hotel please?

Kazee x
How much of a change has there been, is it just a lick of paint or have they gone all out? Oh and how was the beach looking? Really has been in a sad state since the big storms a few years back
Renovations are hardly noticeable as I thought the rooms were in a pretty good state anyway. They have replaced all the furniture and redecorated. The additions are a new toilet block outside the pool restaurant, and a new Oriental restaurant. The outside patio area of the main restaurant has been enlarged as well. Also the kids club area now has a wall around it and the pool is tiled instead of being painted.

The beach is now a lot bigger than it was last year. They have put lots of large sandbags in the sea to help protect the beach. These look a little unsightly, but not too bad.

Cheers

Keith
Thanks Lewiski, love staying at the Tequila, tempted to stay at the Palace Riviera Maya this time though. Had hoped they might sort out the night show area as it needed improving.
Do men need to wear long trousers at the evening meals.
Thanks in advance

Kazee x
Its not compulsory. Hubby wore three quarter trousers or longish short. The main rule is no vests or swimwear at evening meal.
Just to second what Helen said, really. Our men never wore long trousers (too hot for them). just 3/4 trousers or smart shorts and ss shirt.
Hi, can't see any reviews posted, just looking for any feedback really, looking at our 2010 holiday ( hope to renew our vows ! Aw ! 10 yrs, not a bad milestone ! ) have our hearts set on mexico, hopefully for 3 weeks, trying to narrow hotel options down, like the price and look of the tequila, on a budget, me, hubby and ( will then be ) 9 yr old daughter, tequila coming out at just over 4 grand, going march, if anyone has any other suggestions, would love to hear them !
cheers,
juby
I have added this hotel to the database. If anyone has stayed there please post a review HERE

The hotel's own website is here:

http://www.riu.com/en-uk/Paises/mexico/playa-del-carmen/clubhotel-riu-tequila/index.jsp

luci :wave
It is in the review section under the Caribbean section (its higher up the list being listed under C for club rather than R for Riu).

Click here :-http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/5014/Club%20Hotel%20Riu%20Tequila/

Great hotel to stay in particularly as you have the use of other Rius nearby.
Thanks roadgiant. I shall ask for the second entry to be deleted.

luci :wave
HI Juby,
I've got my review posted. We had a lovely holiday here a couple of years ago and friends of ours went last summer on our recommendation. They thought it was fantastic! I think the Rius are very competitive price wise and we've only ever had fantastic service. We've also stayed at Rius in the North of the Dom Rep and also in Bulgaria. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Thanks Roadgiant, thought it was strange I couldn't see it, seems like a popular hotel.
Shirley, just read your review, it does sound great and the price at just over 4grand for 3 of us for 3 weeks sounds very reasonable to me !
Would you say there is plenty for our daughter to do, she will be 9 by then.
thanks so much,
juby
Im off to the Clubhotel Riu Tequila for the third time in November, (80 sleeps). And, from the reviews ive read since last time, any (and they were fairly insignificant) issues we may have had have been addressed by last years refurb. That price looks pretty good too it normally works out about 900-1000 per person for two weeks. There is loads for kids of all ages, the ents team are excellent. I love the place!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.