Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
ooo

sorry to hear that has happened to you. hope you are feeling better.

my mum and dad have returned and they are ok, thank god i would of felt awful if they had got ill (i booked the hol for a 50th bday pressie for my dad)
thanks for telling me am going in 19 days great something to look forward to :? :? :?
Hi which complex were you staying on and when were you there.Was it in the whole of coralejo.Hope you are OK now.
Regard's MaryB.
I have returned from Corralejo last week we stayed from 26/09/2007 - 10/10/2007 and had no problems at all as a group of four we never encountered this horrible infection or anybody suffering with it so i hope everyone is as lucky as us on their hols as we had a fantastic 2 weeks good food good weather and nothing to upset our visit and would return to Corralejo if my employers would allow it next week but i think not .
i'm going in two weeks with my partner, 8year old and a 7 month old, not in the slightst bothered, if this was the case of large influck of tourist, every resort on every island would have the same problem, just a unlucky "kebab" i reckon
did you drink tap water cause that can give you a bad gutt also
Thanks for your kind words...appreciated...and for info I dont eat Kebabs, never had one in my life, and it wasnt the water either. The info re the virus is from 2 doctors at the Brisamar Clinic there, independently of each other. One of the reasons its in Corrie is that its being packed more heavily than the other resorts with this knock on effect. Anyway thats the Docs view, if their wrong....well sorry..

Like I said dont anyone panic just be aware and then its straight forward to deal with. Forewarned and all that.
Mary

Forgot to mention we were at the Las Marismas which is excellent and well managed and no way connected to them....
Hi Paully are you the friend of spanishsandie on the Fuerteventura-forum website.I posted a question about the bug on there and she had a friend visiting who went home last Tuesday who had been down with same bug.Anyway had a few reply's and it doesn't seem to be widespread so let's hope we won't be affected.
Regard's Mary.
Ive just returned from a weeks break in corralejo with a stinker of a cold but no illnesses. I did get bitten 4 times on the last day which have all swollen up and are constantly itchy. Still i had a great holiday and i can cope with bites and a cold. It certainly didnt spoil it.
hy bev am pleased you had a good holliday is the pool bar still open till 12 at los alisios
you know what andy, i dont know! But i do know it was open most of the time. We never used it.
Hi,
I live here and am not aware that there is a Corralejo virus. I do know if you stick large concentrations of people in hotels that some of them will get ill because of viruses etc, I don't think it is unique to us here though. Look at cruise ships!
I have lived in Fuerteventura for 4 years,and run a small complex in Corralejo.I have never heard of any virus.No one was ill in our complex.
My self,and my family have never had anything like you describe.
Likewise I returned last Wednesay 24th and this is the first I've heard about a virus, my family of 7 was fine and I didn't meet anyone who was (or mentioned anyone who was) suffering.
Hi Munsy which complex do you run?
well i came back with a few mossy bits but no virus
We went a few years ago and the complex we stopped at had some sort of outbreak, some people were very ill had to be returned home and if memory serves me right i think it was some sort of bug however we was okay thank goodness! as so was the rest of the people i met.

Although i can understand virus's occurring in holiday places i'm afraid it can happen anywhere at any complex on any island, i just think paully you was incredibly unlucky.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.