Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Where is this Ingo's market? I know its similar to mackies, but i don't know the exact location?
Thanks
Quote Yummymummy.
This is the one trip i havent been on in Goa, and i have been going most years for the past 11 years.

I don't know - 11 years and you haven't been to an Ingo's Saturday night market. :shock:
its on the road to Anjuna right next door to coffee heaven and the go kart track, cant believe youve been going for 11 years and not been to Ingos :!: I thought everybody paid at least one visit it's great to have a wander round the stalls, eat various differnet bits and pieces of food, have a drink, enjoy the music and entertainment, have a bit of a boogie if you feel like (now i'm showing my age :!: ), must admit though the traffic is a bit of a nightmare and if were out and about in Baga or Calangute on a Saturday we have to battle through it to get home.
The good thing about Ingos is because of the traffic chaos it causes(which has to be seen to be believed) theres no better excuse to stay on the beach all day Saturday, you can have a game of cricket with the kids from the orphanage (who visit every Sat ) have a few drinks while watching the sunset,have a meal at the shack and then a few more drinks while watching whatever entertainment the shack has to offer. A tip for anyone who's going for the 1st time if your going out for a meal on a Sat you must take into account that a journey that normally takes 10 mins can take 30 or sometimes more......Keith
is Inigos the night market in Apora or is this another one :? and if so how far is Inigos from Apora.

thanx

debi
Debi there is a market which you will be able to see from your room at the M/D, this is Mackies Market which is on every Sat night. There are hundreds of stalls were you can buy all the usual stuff, also lots of places to get something to eat & drink and there is a stage were you can watch bands playing. Ingos is not to far away but it may be a bit overwhelming for the kids, and I thought you got pestered a lot more at Ingos buy the sellers.....the good thing about Mackies is that if you wanted to you could go out for a meal head back to the market have a stroll around and your only 2 mins from the your hotel.....Keith
Thanx Keith,
would we need to get a Taxi to Inigos if we wanted to go? The kids don't mind the hustle etc,been to Turkey 4 times,Loved being locked in the shops in Egypt :lol: (maybe i'm not normal :hmmm ) especially when I made the owners more confused over what was going on than they did to us :rofl When we docked in Port Said about 17yrs ago we were told not to buy anything off the traders on the Jetty, by the time I got on the coach i couldn't carry all the stuff I had and I had spent about £4. Liverpool Savvy is maybe the word. 8)
Hi you will need a taxi but be prepared for the traffic. Re Saturdays if we do venture into Baga or Calangute on a Saturday we either stay on the beach in the evening or go home early to avoid the traffic, if were not going to Ingos ourselves. The kids will probably love it dont know how old they are but my youngest son was 7 on his first trip and really enjoys the music and hustle and bustle, interspersed with eating and drinking. If the kids are old enough they would probably enjoy the go karts as well, something different to do for an hour or so in an evening.
I don't know - 11 years and you haven't been to an Ingo's Saturday night market

Well, as you can see from my age, i was only about 13 when i first discovered Goa, so it was a family holiday and we didn't really visit the markets etc, thats why im asking about it now
and we don't have to visit everywhere in a place we like- its not a crime :lol:
Aww! KJF! Your messages are making me wish i was there now!! :lol:
Hi G.G I am starting to get withdrawel (?) symptoms now, but its great to see all the people going for the 1st time asking for advice and as always there is no shortage of H/Ter's only to willing to help.We were so lucky on our 1st visit that we chose the M/D (and that was only cos of the lakes & the fishing)and we met you and Roy and Terry,Sheila,Alan,Liz and lots more and everyone pointed us in the right direction regarding Taxis, bars, shacks, ect or more importantly told us were to steer clear of . It wont be long before your strolling round Mackies while Roy is watching the footy with a beer or two in Mojo's.....Keith
Ingos was the highlight of our holiday!!

We looked around at the stools bought some lovely gifts, had something to eat, then we sat at a little bar at the back in the trees and watched all the crazy high people dance to trance whilst drinking loads!! Plus it was totally hassle free evening (well in comparison to Anjuna Market).
Lozza is that stools or stalls... :hmmm
I think lozza meant stalls, but watch out for the stool's anyway, there's bound to be some around :roll:
Oh I think you knew what I meant... but thanks for pointing it out!

:oops:
Ingo's remained closed this weekend. The new sign outside now states that "The market will remain closed on the 8th Dec due to Temple Festival"
GFF xx
I do hope Ingo's opens again for you all. We were in Goa 4th November for 2 weeks and went on 10th which must of been either the second or first week it opened for the season. We had a great time not least because we found some Goan stall holder friends who we had lost touch with for a few years (they had a couple of stalls down the main street near the football ground but disappeared once the new shops were built). It was a very tearful but happy reunion :lol: The following week Ingo's was closed :roll: :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.