Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for that FTV was very interesting reading your comparisons.
Feelthevibe wrote:
...I missed getting on my bike every day and being free to go almost anywhere ........
:tup Yeah!! that's some feeling, isn't it? :) Even, if we get stopped ;)

Feelthevibe wrote:
...but I did miss the place for all its faults
Goa-itis :)
we did the same last year, went to Mexico, very nice/clean etc but "something" missing!!
went back to south goa this march/april and had a fantastic time
J :cheers
I am going to Goa (Candolim) in December, this will be my fifth visit. I have thought about going to Thailand, but it is further away, costs more to get to than Goa and all I want to do is chill out and go to the beach - I will stick with Goa as I love it. Can't wait to get back. :sun2
FTV should have stayed here cos you missed the big party on 9th May!!!!! :cheers Hopefully see you in Goa next year :D
This is something I have often wondered about - we have thought several times about trying somewhere different but think we shall be constantly comparing with Goa - might as well go to Goa then!!
Next March (hopefully). :tup
Fizz
I could have written this myself, we went to the Dominican Republic last May and again, Hotel beautiful, beach same but just not Goa, could not help thinking, could have had at least 2 holidays in Goa for the cost of this. Went back to Goa in November and had such a good time booked again as soon as we came home for March and are going back this November, stick with what you like is the motto I suppose.
Like I say beautiful place but the all inclusive thing is not for me, if you like to get out and about and enjoy good and varied food don`t try Dominican all incusives would be my advice. I have never been so bored on holiday as I was there :cry
And Gemma what makes you think we didn`t have a title party ? me and 2 other Gers fans and about 10 of them, I managed to wire the laptop up to the big screen in a bar for the owner so we could watch us lose the Derby, I was very gracious in defeat and they gave me a round of applause and bought me and Mrs FTV a few drinks (yes you heard right) :tup
Friends and family kept saying to us "why do you keep going back to Goa,there is a big wide world out there?". Well I agree ..there is,So we tried Kerala,preferred Goa,tried Gambia,not a patch on Goa,So tried Sri Lanka,just didn't compare to Goa,tried Kenya and all we kept saying was "we are not going to beat Goa for what we want from a holiday" So we gave up,and will carry on going back to Goa (January for the 13th time)for the sun,excellent food,lovely people and of course I would be lying if i didn't say the cheap prices! ;)
I can understand why some people do not like it,and of course ..each to their own,but it is my bit of heaven and visa etc. allowing ,I hope to be going for a good few years yet :cheers Paula
Well i have only visited Goa once and that was in Jan 2009 and i loved the place, but i have never visited the same place twice and always have my main holidays in January, so this year went to Singapore and Bali, and again i really enjoyed myself, but i found i was comparing all the things i did and saw in Goa with my experience this year (something that i have never done before), so as soon as i returned from my Far East holiday i booked for three weeks in January 2011 to Goa, so i consider myself to have the Goan Bug (something thats drawing me back) maybe its the people, food, taxi drivers, weather, dirt and grime, basic accomodation, what ever it is "I'll be back". :rofl
Hi all,
It,s great to see differant places,but Goa just has something!a spell that draws you back. For me &OH it just gets better,having spent 2 weeks (1st time 1st april,gradually getting earlier 28th Feb &added an extra week)over the last 6years,we try to go around then & try somewhere else september/october.Upto now done Mexico(Baja California local bus to hotel california(Eagles) Gambia,Margarita,Thailand,aswell as most Europeon places,last september went to Bali,not the same,but the people,gave me that lovely feeling i get in Goa so going again in September,but as i,m on this site you know,we will be back in Feb/Mar
Great read FTV!

Just done the same during a 2-week holiday in Turkey. Thank god I'm off to get my Goa fix next March!
I really appreciate the comparison reports, there's an whole world out there that I want to see but Goa does tick so many of the boxes I require that it's hard not to keep going back. Next winter however, after two seperate month long trips to India last season we are giving it a miss with the intention of returning in the winter of 11/12. That way we feel we keep it fresh as a destination to go to.
Where are we going ? Gambia ! Booked for January/February. I posted a comparison Goa vs Gambia last time I went and the response was the usual pro Goa brigade slamming Gambia !!!!
Gambia ticks lots of the boxes I require, it's actually better than Goa in some areas but I accept that I will get a lot more hassle from the locals. On the other hand, the price of our holiday is so much more economic than Goa is looking to be at the moment and I don't have to think about VISA's either.
Interestingly, we have been regular visitors to Negril in Jamaica since 1987 and we are coming to Goa in December for the first time. No doubt we will be doing the comparison thing as well, but in reverse to you guys who are regular Goa vets.
Went to Gambia a couple of years ago and absolutely hated it, so this years trip is exciting for many reasons.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.