Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Gets pretty mixed reviews on other sites, not always complimentary though some are decent. It looks to be in Icmeler (not the Marmaris one) which is pretty way out of Bodrum and a bit isolated. £680 each (five of you for £3400) seems quite a bit to pay although I'm not up to date on holiday prices as we have our own house in Gumbet so only have to pay for flights. You don't say if it's five adults or there are kids included but it still seems steep.

I suppose it depends what you want out of a holiday and I can understand why AI seems attractive but AI hasn't always got a good reputation in Turkey. Also with the location of the hotel, I would imagine you'd spend a lot of time in the hotel complex as it is a fair way from anything - again, maybe that's what you're looking for and I don't want to put you off.

All the above is only in my opinion but it really wouldn't be my choice. I've had a look on Travel Republic (and had to guess at 2 adults and 3 kids as making up your party) but they offer 2 weeks from Belfast on 17 August self-catering in a 2 bedroom apartment in Bitez for just over £1800. Or even try Travel Republic and look at their AI choices as they have some which are more central.

Of course, if you want a really relaxing hol maybe your choice would be good - I don't know the hotel so can't say what it's like, just that it is quite a way out of the other resorts and if you wanted to get around to see other places, you'd spend a fair amount of time travelling.

Hope this has helped in some way.
Hi Angie
The reviews are listed under Club Belizia on Holiday Truths.
There are also plenty of reviews on other sites.
We stayed there in Oct 07 and have mixed feelings about the hotel.
It is a long way from Bodrum, but the Dolmus pass by every 10 mins or so. The food was ok but we've had much better from an AI in Turkey and elsewhere.
The facilities at the hotel are good but the evening entertainment was poor. We found most of the staff great and were well looked after by the head waiter and some of the bar staff, although our 18 yr old daughter had issues with one of the porters stalking her.
As we always travel out of the main season we can't comment on value for money, but we paid less than £600- each the for 2 weeks at the fantastic Hemera Hotel in Side last year in May, and less than £580- each for La Blanche in Turgutreis in June this year.
If you want more info let me know.
Thanks for the replies folks ..but i dont think this one is an option for us now looking at the mixed reviews , we have 3 youngsters under 10 to think about & dont want to take any chances . We only ever done HB or FB in turkey and both places were excellent Lykia world & Julian club Marmaris.

Jakki i will have a look again at your recommendations. Anytime the travel agents quoted us its been well over the 3k , hubby's now mentioned Croatia so that might also be an option.

Angie
Well we are going to be paying about £1,200 for two adults and two children for flights and staying in a private house or apartment on the Bodrum Peninsular so £3,400 does sound really expensive even though it is AI. As jakki says unless you do pay a lot AI isn't always the best option in Turkey as you don't get decent offd and the accomodation isn't always very good. I too suggest looking around a bit more and looking at SC or B&B too
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.