General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I think this story may have got blurred in the telling. Are you saying he was stopped at a UK airport and told to pay £75 in Sterling before he could leave the UK ? I think what is more likely is that he was stopped leaving the country where the offence happened (wouldn't be Spain by any chance?) and had to pay the equivalent of £75. The reason I say this is that the Spanish are using the API data from airline records (not passports) to check outstanding issues and not just their terrorist watch list.

The new style passports don't contain any extra info if issued as a simple renewal (I know, I got one a couple of weeks ago and all I sent for it was a new photo). But they have been introduced at the same time as the API rules, people with old passports have been stopped as well.
I got called to the gate agent for my flight to PHL a month ago, because although the border control lady scanned my passport to let me through to the upstairs security control point in LHR terminal 5, it didn't transfer the information that I was actually there in the terminal awaiting my connecting flight having arrived from Basel earlier that morning, and I got called to check that I really was there in person and waiting to board the flight!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.