Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Head in the sand time again folks!!!!!!
gutted... was there any time limit mentioned??? do the shacks have to shut early??? i can imagine what new year will be like now the bars will be overcrowded and that will make things worse! this could possibly be the worst thing that could happen for security. all the people at say 11 o'clock will be in bars and clubs and on the streets. this decision just seems to cram more people in a smaller environment... horrible to even think but thats great for terrorists surely!!!
Can i just say that reading all this negative stuff made me a bit worried that i was going to have a bad holiday and made me not look forward to it as much but i couldnt of been more wrong its still an amazing place with good and bad sides to it your holiday will be what you make it just go and enjoy being in the hot weather and cheap booze and food. :cheers
Chrissy81
an i just say that reading all this negative stuff made me a bit worried that i was going to have a bad holiday and made me not look forward to it as much but i couldnt of been more wrong its still an amazing place with good and bad sides to it your holiday will be what you make it just go and enjoy being in the hot weather and cheap booze and food. :cheers
But you are back in the UK - this week - Christmas and New Year is going to be the most vulnerable time to be in Goa - God help us that nothing is going to happen.
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.
Yes I am gutted too about the cancellation of parties, but the sunburnt event which is 200 yards from my apartment is going ahead, where is the logic in this as it is not an event aimed at the locals. On the plus side I have a fantastic view of the whole event and I am selling half price tickets, with use of european toilet thrown in [ just kidding Mods will charge for toilet]

Lin
Where exactly is the sunburt event, Im going with my partner and was really looking forward to a New Year on the beach with fireworks and all the partying that goes with it.......soooooooo gutted as its our first hol together and first time we been to Goa as well!!!!!

Maybe this event would soften the blow a little :que
i got tickets for the sunburn event..and the reason it is still on is that its on private land(so i read in the paper today)went past and they are slowly setting it up(lin b ill give you a wave when im inside and if the loo is still avaliabl ill pop in haha)also any inside event is still on!why i dont know strange rules..
strange vibe going round though as to what everyone is going to do????
pasteljay you will have to lets us know where you are and we could meet up..i know there is a few going to sunburn..
robbie
Did anyone see AnjunaBeats (Above and Beyond record label) From Goa to Rio? Its a DVD that comes packaged with their AnjunaBeats 100 CD. It shows footage of the SunBurn festival from last year. It looked great really decent Vocal Trance! (Not as fast or intense as some of the Goan Trance or Techno).

Unfortunately Above and Beyond don't look to be playing this year :( Should still be good though.
Latest news is that shacks can have amplified music but no live groups/singers, and no dancing, [I am not sure what I do is called dancing anyway ] so it seems beach parties will be going ahead, but we can't call them parties, they are gatherings of people having a drink whilst listening to music.
The sunburnt festival and parties are OK because they apparently have good security measures [ :rofl :rofl ] I feel my chances would be better on the beach, than in a hotel, or an enclosed area such as the sunburn festival.
Happy Christmas,
Lin
Only in Goa :rofl
Have a great Christmas Lin and remember not to dance :D
hi
sunburn is now definately on,but no beach partys just music and people in shacks having a good time :rofl ,also domestic tourists mostly giving goa a miss
Dear Dragon07
Are you by any chance in the UK at this moment?

Sunburn is now definitely on, dated 27/12/08

It never actually happened, as anyone here knows.

There's News, Old News and Wrong News :whoops
interesting. Their website says that despite what everyone had heard it was going ahead from 27-29th December.
Obviously it hasn't. There must have been a lot of really disappointed holidaymakers with tickets.
Wow theres gonna be alot of angry people who paid in advance trying to get there money back what an utter shambles Goa is in this season :cry
sharon
I was down on candolim beach yesterday morning and ate in Candolimlast night and if sunburn wasn't on someone was playing awfully loud music and a lot of people were walking down to the beach with all the signs for nothing!!! :que and the tents, signs and secuiryt guards(?) were there for nothing
But then I am an old foggie and the noise was driving me crazy. Glad I am not staying in Candolim
Maybe they had to tone it down abit or the wind was blowing in the wrong/right direction that only few people heard it :rofl :rofl :rofl
someone please tell if they went to it and was it on the suspense is killing me
It should still be on today- have a listen in case the wind changes direction :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.