Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
did the tourist minister actually say cheerful, something must have got lost in translation, i wonder what he really said, any sugestions

:think :rofl :rofl
It's no wonder that so many ex -pat Brits are annoyed when they read that sort of article.It flies in the face of everything the Goan and National governments are trying , or say they are trying, to stop.
We all know newspapers run stories that are some way from the truth. This one may well be misleading a lot of people.The one that was quoted the other day, the local one, was saying how well tourism in the south was doing. When we were there, admittedly at the beginning of the season, the hotel quoted in the article was only 45 % occupied at best and now the manager claims to be full. Maybe !
Wonder what the situation will be in a year or two ? Time will tell.
I can't believe what I just read...................so the Russians are more than welcome to buy property, start a business and live the susegard lifestyle and doss about not chasing money! But if you are British :que Talk about discriminatory practice.

No mention of Russian Crime Mafia's allegedly taking over Goa.
No mention of Russian developers allegedly buying up vast areas of land for development.

This guy is going to cause the downfall of Goa tourism. (if he isn't already).

Fizz
Fizzy2... to be fair to the minister of tourism ( not that he deserves much sympathy at the moment,) I think he is only quoted as saying what a happy bunch the Russians are, he doesn't actually say anything about them buying property etc. It's the Russian newspaper that states the Russians are doing so .
Well whatever he is or is not doing and saying, the blokes a plonker of the 1st degree.

Yes, I noticed how happy the Russians were, particularly a couple laid on a restaurant table and about to have sex :yikes Thank goodness they were thrown out by the management. (Seagull)
I think the Goan Tourism Minister and Some Russian tourists deserve each other !
Alan
Good on the Russians. The British government didn't seem to apply much pressure in the Scarlett case.
There seems to be an element on this forum who have it in for the Russian tourists. I agree, they are not on the same wavelength as the Brits, both having cultural differences and language barriers but it's not their fault that they are the apparent current favourite foreign nation in Goa.
I have seen appalling behaviour by British tourists too, it's down to individuals not nations.
Lets see what Mickey says re. the terrible rape of a 9 year old Russian Girl in the sea at Arambol this week. - one papers says need more police! well take them off the beaches
collecting money from the sellers, and safeguard little children. :think

The Russian invasion will soon be fizzling out, like the British :think
Seems to me like they need more police on the beaches if that's where these crimes seem to be happening.
I base my opinion of the Russians I have seen on the behaviour they have displayed. I have also spoken to a few Russians / Eastern Europeans who have been very nice. I would also voice an opinion on any other nationality who I observed behaving in an outrageous way that showed no respect for others around them. It may seem like I have singled the Russians out but that is because I haven't seen any other nationalities behaving as badly. High Jinx after a few drinks maybe but certainly nothing more.
Fizz
I can't help but smile every time I see this ministers name.
Is his name REALLY Mickey, not Michael or Michel or something similar.
think re calling Michael Heseltine Mickey for instance, it just doesn't work!
did his parents really christen him Mickey, he must have had a rough time at school.
No doubt his wife is Minnie!
Well one thing is for certain:

He is definitely "taking the Mickey"!

Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.