Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
we do have the hotel listed in our reviews but unfortunately its still awaiting its first review :(
Never heard of it. Trip Advisor has, well, how can we put it, distinctly average reviews?

I'd consider looking at other brochures as well, there are zillions of hotels in Phuket, maybe we can recommend some if we know your budget?
I had a bad experience with that hotel , although I must say it was about 5 years ago, we arrived to dreadful building work right outside our balcony and the room smelt musty.

I have travelled to Thailand many times and have stayed in many different hotels, I have never encountered surly staff before or since that occasion, we moved out immediately, I have to say I did not care for Karen as a resort I much prefer Kata, must stress though it was 5 years ago and things can change, may be worth checking TA to see if there are any recent reports.
Many thanks for your replies. I did read the reports on TA and as you say they are very varied that's why I thought I would ask the HT's as we seem to agree on everything about Goa! As we have never been to Thailand before and know very little about it we thought we would be best going on a package deal for our first visit. We wanted to spend as little as we could get away with on the flight/hotel as we would like to spend quite a lot of time travelling around and to us the hotel is just a base but obviously we would like a clean base! Our funds will be tight as we are going to Goa for 3 weeks over Xmas and new year and intend to travel up into the North on that visit to do the Taj Mahal, Red Fort, etc. Do you think we would be okay booking our flight and hotel separately as opposed to a package deal. My niece works for Global Holidays internet company and would do all the work for us on this one if the general concensus is that this would be best. I am okay about doing this, I think my sister is a bit more worried. Thanks once again for your help.
do what is best for you. There is absolutely no problem with booking flight only :)
Brenliz, the Peach Hill resort looked very nice and it is in Kata and is up a hill, definitely a lower priced hotel but seemed much nicer and freindlier than the South Sea Resort, may be worth a look.
Thanks ShirleyV. We have decided to leave it for a while as there doesn't seem to be many flights around yet for end of March/begining April. What we have seen has been more than we can afford to pay really. If we don't get a better price we will leave it until the end of 2009 when we have more money available. As I mentioned, it makes things tight moneywise with going to Goa for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year. It doesn't leave us much time to save up again when we get back. We don't want to go and find we haven't got any money to go out and see the sights. Much as I love sunbathing and reading my book, I am not one for lying on a beach for 2 weeks, I like to get out and see and do things even if it is visiting other beaches. We will also look at the option of booking our flight and hotel independantly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.