America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
Hi There,

Please could anyone advise if day tickets are available for the theme parks, if so where do I get them, as we are thinking of combining a few days in Orlando with a Cruise and would not require a week pass.

Thanks

Regards

Ezzigo
Yes they are, but you buy them on the gate when you are in Florida. This can be a good thing if you only want to do a couple of parks as you can chop and change which ones you are going to do on the days, eg some parks you could easily spend 12 hours like Epcot if you fancy a long day, but you could probably get round others in 8 hours.
Thanks doepsmc,

You don't know how much they cost do you? Say for Disney?

Thanks

Ezzigo
Probably belongs elsewhere (normaly only do the cruise forum) but it does have tickets included and people from the UK will need to have some accomodation so may be relevent to overall planning.

Saw this on a US cruise site so not sure how well know it is that disney do free food weeks
Prices looked good but we don't do Disney so may be wrong

This was for 2ad and 4 kids(does fall outside our normal school hols though)

*Hi Windjammer. Sorry but I've had to remove the quoted part of your post due to copyright law but please feel free to post a link to the website on which you saw the information. Pippy*
Does anyone know of a reputable company/website i can buy these passes from.

or can you buy these passes in disney at the ticket booths?
Hi
yes you can buy the pass's at all the disney parks (including the water parks) you just go to the sales windows located at the entrance of every park, we were there in Sept 08 i think a week pass was $248, day pass $60 i think can't remeber exactly but i do remember thinking that the 14 day pass were better value (if you're there 14 days that is lol).

Jords
Hi there hoping some of you can help me....

A Orlando virgin, making our first trip there this July for 14 nights, 4 adults, 2 children, all fairly new to us, wanted to know if you would be kind enough to advise us on the following.

1, Haven't a clue how to go about tickets or what parks to buy for, obviously we would like to see as much as possible over the 14 days, have seen a 14 day magical special on magical-tickets.co.uk, which looks like it covers everything for £339 ?? Would this be a good purchase ?

2, Friends have advised to do parks one day then a rest day after, is this advisable and will I get to see everything if that's the case ?

3, We have a hired car, staying in Kissimee, is parking an issue ?? and what cost's are involved ?

4, Travelling in the last week of July, is it likely to be very hot ? or do the conditions vary ?

5, Do you think I'm best buying park tickets now or are prices likely to go down before the summer ?

6, And finally do they have shows in Disney everynight ? and is it worthwhile heading back into to Disney every evening to watch them ?? Or do people tend to stay at the parks all day and then for the evening ??

Sorry to sound so stupid, just a few fears ahead of our first ever trip to Florida ?
  • Edited by Bartman 2009-03-05 13:33:25
You don't sound stupid at all, this is just what the forum is for ;)
Bartman - will try to help a bit!

We usually buy a 14 day Disney ticket, which is only sold here before you go. It is not much more than a 7 day ticket and gives you total flexibility, without counting the days. You can just pop in for the evening say. Then we get whatever ticket seems best as it varies from year to year for Universal's 2 parks, depending on whether you want to include Seaworld or the new Aquatica water park or Busch Gardens.

2. I think if you have half your days as rest days, you will not see all you want to see, unless you go mad on your non-rest days! A better idea is to divide the days in half and go back for a rest in the afternoon. Perhaps have a shopping and rest day in the middle of the fortnight.

3. Parking isn't a problem. Every restaurant has a car park. Everone drives everywhere and expects to be able to park easily. You have to pay for theme park car parks as you are staying off-site, but can't remember prices.

4. Very hot and very humid with thunderstorms every afternoon or evening.

5. Prices will depend on what the exchange rate does. Do you have a crystal ball?

6. You should see all 3 firework shows at Disney without question. The Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks are every night. Fantasmic at the Studios varies. Sometimes 2 shows per night, sometimes not on at all. You will have to check the programme. This can be found on the Disney official website if you hunt.

7. Lastly, you must have a plan. Work out what you are going to do each day. It will be extremely busy when you are there. You must understand and use 'fastpass' at Disney. You must be there before the parks open each day, ready to go on the most popular rides. You can do a lot in the first hour before the Americans arrive. We have the advantage that the time difference is in our favour so getting up 'early' is easy, whereas americans who have flown in from more western states have the time difference against them. Buy the 'Unofficial Guide' book from Amazon and follow their touring plans. Be sure to see the parades especially Spectromagic in the evening at MK.

8. Have the best 2 weeks of your life!
Bartman,

Suggest you by the Brits Guide to Orlando. Its packed with info for us lot & a really food read as well

Re tickets. I just got mine from http://www.orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk. Very helpful lot. Prices probably will not vary very much before you go. Ther are things going on in Disney all the time in all of the parks. Go on www. waltdisneyworld.com & look at the calendar for an idea of their opening times, although they don't have the listinfgs for July at the moment. Only goes up to June. Would think they will be open till very late in July. Don't miss Spectromagic Parade in the Magic Kingdom. Fantasmic in Hollywood Studios & Illuminations Reflections of Earth in Epcot. All totally fantastic.

It wll be very hot & humid at that time of year. Plenty of sunscreen, hats & water.

Have a great holiday. I know you & your family will absolutely love it.. The scale of Disney is just out of this world & a bit overwhelming when you first get there as there is SO much to see & do. Never a dull moment. I am off next Thursday. This will be my 6th time & just can't wait.
Hi all
Travelling to Florida early Apr 09, 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 12), staying in villa so would be in car for transport.

For this trip we are looking to visit Busch Gardens, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, Animal Kingdom - think thats the plan but could be swayed slightly ?!? Disney firework would be nice as we missed them last time we went due to a Disney technical hitch !

Appreciate any advise on best way to buy tickets to cover this, so many options and so many on line resellers it looks a mine field.

Many thanks
Darren
There are so many ticket options and places to buy it can get confusing. It sounds as though you are mostly going to visit the Disney so you could buy the Disney's 7 or 14 day Premium Ticket which would give you flexibility to do all the Disney parks as much as you want as many times but if you know you'll only be visiting those choosen parks you mention for a specific number of days buy a ticket for those set number of days. I would buy just a separate ticket for entry to Busch Gardens on it's own.

Listed below are some website we have found offer a good price and variety of ticket options:-

http://www.themeparkticketsdirect.com
http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/
http://www.orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk
http://www.undercovertourist.com/united-states/florida/orlando/attractions/tickets/

Hope this helps a bit with the mine field of options. :)
Hello, has anybody brought tickets from magicaltickets.co.uk? thanks.
Hi
we were there Sept 08, bought our tickets here befor we went and were glad, the 14 day magic your way ticket is the best option as it has the park hopper option which means you can leave a park and go back on the same day i.e go back to villa etc for a rest then returne to the park in the evening or go to a different park in the evening, be careful as some tickets don't offer the park hopper option.REMEMBER you CANNOT buy the 14 day park tickets in the USA they are only sold in the UK.

I didn't find it tireing but we don't have any kids, we went to a park ev day stayed all day and night for the fireworks, broke it up midweek by going shopping then another chilling by the pool.
As for tickets to the other parks, Universal is a must and again i'd get tickets here that way your all sorted befor you go, there are 2 Universal parks and the 2 day 2 park option ticket is the best, buying here you useually get a 3rd day thrown in for free.

The other parks like Bushe? (lol) gardens i can't comment on we didn't feel the need to as Disney offered more than enough, wet n wild is on i-drive, didn't go this last time but have been before and again Disney offered enough at Typhoon lagoon and Blizzard beach, didn't need to do wet n wild.
Sea world is great worth a visit, tickets are best bought there as 1 day is enough to see it.
Shopping on i-drive is fab, outlets and all sorts, deff break your visit up with a park free day.

Weather is very hot and humid like others have said so be prepared, drinks in the theme parks were $2 for a bottle of coke/7up etc and water was $1.50, stying in disney property you can buy a refilable mug for $12 for the whole 2 week stay but you can only use that for the drinks fountains in all the disney properties (not just your own), but NOT the theme parks, drink stations are everywhere so no worries there, food is also everywhere with various choices and cost.
Parking in the theme parks if i remember was $18, can't be 100% on that because we used the wonderful disney transport which is a god send and amazing can't praise it enough and free if your stying in Disney Property.

Anything else i can help with give me a shout, hope you have a fab time I AM SO JELOUS :)
Jords
Thanks jords :) well i dont think we`ll be needing the 14 day pass as were only there for 10 days & as were not staying at the disney hotels we wont be able to travel to & from them more then once in a day, thats why i was thinking of the 4 day base ticket, thats all we need really for disney so we can go to the 4 main parks & then of course universal studios & havnt made any more decisions as yet, apart from shopping of course!! lol.
Bartman, did you decide to purchase those tickets from magical tickets? for anyone else thats interested it was The Magical 14/21 day special ticket which includes:
5 days at any of the main Disney Parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studio and Animal Kingdom)
5 recreational days at the Disney Recreational Parks (Blizzard Beach, Typhoo Lagoon, Disney Quest and Disney's Oak Trail 9 hole Golf Course)
Unlimited admission for 14 days to Seaworld, Acquatica, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.
Optional upgrade (at additional cost) to include 14 days unlimited admission to Busch Gardens cost was 339, i thought it was good value for the ticket, i was interested in the base tickets just wondered if you used them?
We purchased our Disney Park Tickets direct from Walt Disney Travel Co. We went on the website http://WWW.disneyworld.co.uk to find out prices we compared them to a few websites and through travel agencies. They were the cheapest and are the real thing. We rang them direct and booked with a credit card and the tickets were dispatched from a base in Hammersmith in London. We did meet a family from Liverpool whilst out there and they had used a website thinking they were getting a good deal, we had in fact paid less and when they tried to use the tickets at the park they were told they were not valid. We felt really sorry for them as they couldn't afford to rebuy them. So beware and please please please use the real websites. We are going back again this year for the 7th time and taking the grand-children this year cant't wait to see their faces when we enter Magic Kingdom. Will never never tire of the place . :D :hols
Hi

We have bought theme park tickets from Thomson who we are travelling with(Attraction world), and they are e tickets which we will have to exchange for real tickets over there.

Has anyone else had these type of tickets. or any problems exchanging them ?

Got one Orlando flexi ticket plus and one Disneys Ultimate ticket voucher valid for 4 adults (kids are over 9) start date 15/08. for 14 days.

Many thanks in advance
any disney ticket experts out there??
If I can get hold of some approx 10 yr old non expiry Disney tickets NOT in my name, what are the chances of being able to use this for ourselves?
As they are not thumbprint ones, can we use them? If we use their names even?
I know people sell on disney tickets on ebay so it must be done by a lot of people.
Any info would be great.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.