America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
Am planning to visit only a couple of Disney parks on this trip, would it be best to just buy the tickets on the day as we go, or is there any benefit to buying in advance?
Thanks
As I haven't been to Orlando for about 4 years, can someone tell me what's new there now? Is Cypress Gardens open again? What's the cheapest way to buy attraction tickets bearing in mind we don't want to do the waterparks. Should we buy there in Dollars or here prepaid?
I've posted here as Peapod didn't get a reply to his/her query in the Attraction Ticket sticky.
Please feel free to move if necessary.
Hi was going to buy from this site, have any of you lovely people purchased from this company?
Cheers
Liz
Can anyone tell me the price of a one day ticket to this park in august.
Well, I had a look at the Disneyworld website, here http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/ticketsLandingPage?id=TicketsLandingPage and it appears to be $71 for adults and $60 for ages 3-9. It gets cheaper the more days you buy.
Hi
Has anyone purchased Arabian Nights dinner show tickets from either Park-Tickets.com or Attractiontickets-direct, if so what were the seats like were they ok or rubbishy seats where you can't see very much. Is the show worth going to see. Thanks.
Hi

Have tried various sites for the theme park times in October this year
Can anyone point me in the right direction as I found one last year that had all the info I needed opening times show times etc
Save me going into each parks site
tx
We have just returned from Orlando a few days ago.We found park tickets for sale at Costco in Orlando and also Walmart and some Publix supermarkets at the Check Out counters.

Costco were selling a 3 month 2 park Universal pass for $87 plus tax. Not sure if it specified Florida residents only but we got Senior 3 month passes at the gate for $89 each ( qualifying age is 55 but we did not have to show proof of age!!) meaning we could go when we liked.

Walmart were selling a 3 day pass to the Disney parks for $203 and at the gate it was $212 for 3 days.

However, despite there being no concessions on the adult gate tickets at Disney, we paid $219 for 4 days, only one park allowed per day.

Interestingly ( and I'm not sure if it is common knowledge when they offer you all these park ticket deals here) when you buy Disney tickets at the gate ,adding an extra day costs only a few dollars more !! If you don't know that, you can pay the whole gate price again if you decide to return on another day.

For example it costs $5 for the 5th day and $4 for the 6th etc. These can be added at any time after you have bought the initial tickets. So you can decide as you go along how many days you want to do.

Beware of buying tickets from people who say that they have got several days left as they are now operating a strict fingerprint policy at the turnstiles for multi day tickets. They are not transferable.

Sea World are giving you a free day return within the week on a single purchase of a one day ticket. You can pay more for an upgrade to an annual pass.
hi can anybody help me booking a suprise holiday to florida( kids think spain) i am getting a bit confused on the disney tickets i want about 3 days in disney land theme park but i want to visit universal studios and sea world which tickets do i buy dont want to buy the wrong ones?
I think if you want just 3 days for disney, you will want 'Magic my way' tickets. For universal and sea world you can get either the flex ticket, or universal tickets and then a seperate ticket for sea world (sometimes you can get second day entry to sea world for a nominal price when you leave the first day, just go to customer relations and ask).

If you look on http://www.undercovertourist.com and select for Orlando tickets and UK pricing. It's quite clear to see what all the different options and pricings are. I find some of the other web-sites confusing. You dont have to book through them if you dont want to although I thought they were great. I just think it will be good web-site to use to give you a feel for what you can get for your money.

You can do all sorts of combi's and get to a final price without paying for anything.
Hi can someone please confirm to me what you actually get when you buy either the 2 or 3 park Unversial tickets.

Does it mean that you can only use each park once over the 14 days or does it mean you can use each park as many times as you llike over the 14 days.... Very Confused... :que

Trying to work out what we are likely going to use.... dont want to buy to many ticket if not going to get the benefit as I have already been to Florida but bought the Flexi Plus ticket before which was fine but dont wanna do some of the other attractions now.

Any advise would be much appricated
Thanks

Laura
:D
There are various park tickets and differing restrictions.

If buying in the UK I would suggest either the Universal Orlando Resort 2-Park Bonus Ticket or Universal Orlando Resort 3-Park Bonus Ticket.

They give access for a full consecutive 14 period, as many times as you like in that time frame, to Universal Studios Florida and Universal Island's of Adventure, plus access to all-club access at Citywalk.

The 3-Park Bonus Ticket includes Wet n' Wild water park as well.

Another option to consider might be the Orlando Flexticket. Again there are two main ticket types sold in the UK. The Orlando Flexticket which gives access to Universal Studios, Universal Island's of Adventures, SeaWorld Orlando, Wet n' Wild, and Aquatica for a 14 day consecutive period - or - the Orlando Flexticket Plus which is the same as the Orlando Flexticket but also gives access to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and free shuttle bus service from Orlando.

Hope that helps.
Can anyone tell me please if it is better to buy my theme park tickets over here before I go or from the park itself when I get there? I have heard that buying them over there is cheaper.

Cheers
Paul
I think it depends on the type of tickets you want. There is a particular Disney Parks ticket that is aimed only at the Brit market that you cant actually get in the US, which seems to cover all the Disney Parks, their water parks, disney quest, worldwide sports etc.

If you are after this one you will have to get it here.

The Magic My Way tickets that just seem to get you into Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT and the Studios, you can get here and in the US. You need to do some pricing up on various sites.

Try http://www.undercovertourist.com and select to price in Sterling. Dont just try this site though, try a few others. At one point Virgin were doing the best deal and you didnt have to have booked with them, they would sell you tickets only.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me please if it is better to buy Disney passes over here or wait till we get over there?

Cheers

Paul
hi,

Has anyone heard of ths company Magical Tickets.co.uk? They are offering pretty good deals on Disneyworld Tickets at the moment but I am a bit nervous to go ahead as you hear such awful stories of people being ripped off etc. They are in Basingstoke. Is there anyway of checking them out first? If I email them they are obviously going to plead authenticity.

Thanx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.