America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
TICKET UPGRADES
206 Posts
Hi

If they are the old type Disney Hopper (or Disney Hopper Plus) tickets, then you can still use them at the turnstiles, without getting them 'upgraded'. They will still work fine.
Yes, they will allow you to upgrade the kids passes and most probably won't charge you the extra to upgrade it to an adult.

Probably the best place for you to do this, and to check how many days (including waterparks, don't forget !) are left on your tickets, is at Guest Relations at Down Town Disney - since the parking is free there (and its not at the parks).

Unfortunately, you can't get them 'read' anywhere in this country, before you go, I'm afraid.

Alternatively, you could get them upgraded, and read, at any of the Disney parks, on your first park visit, at the Guest Relations; these are situated just before each of the Disney park entrances/ turnstiles ( ie.after you have entered the car park & parked).

You wouldn't be able to upgrade them now if they were the newer (since Jan 2005) exclusive UK passes, that give unlimited access for between 1 and 3 weeks - though certain types of these passes can be upgraded BEFORE they expire.

Sounds like you have the old style Hopper Passes to me - these are still commonly in use - infact I used some myself last year with no problems at all (and still have a few left for waterpark entry for my next trip !)

Hope this helps.
Really helpful advice thank you

Michelle
Hi Has anyone just arrived back from orlando, How long approx are we likely to wait in line for the rides? We have never been in August only Sept/ Oct and never really had to wait too lng for rides. Can you take own Water/ drinks into the parks in a cool bag for example ,How much do you have to pay for the fasttrack passes? Any info would be great ta.
It is very busy in August so prepared to wait up to 2 hours for the really top attractions in each park.

there are things you can do to get lessen the impact of these crowds to a certain extent - here are a few tips -

- make full use of the fastpass system (free in disney parks, payable extra in Universal parks) for the big rides.

- get there for park opening (normally around 9am)- not only will it be much cooler, but also you should get a good few of the big rides done quickly in the first hour and a half, before the park really fills up. You could always go back to your hotel / villa for a quick dip/rest at lunch time, when it is both busy & hot...... and return a little later.

- if it rains head for the parks - it will most probably soon clear up, and the park does tend to empty quite a bit if the weather is bad - most rides/shows are indoor anyway.

- if you have unlimited access passes.... then visit the park on one day to see the parades and shows, then return again another day to do big rides while the parades and (particularly firework) shows are on when the rides will be much less busy.

- avoid the main parks at weekends - good alternatives include rest days by the pool, shopping, Kennedy Space Centre, various I- Drive attractions, Gatorland, Discovery Cove, even Sea World etc.

Yes, you can bring your own drinks... but don't make it too obvious - Disney certainly don't encourage it shall we say !

Hope this helps - perhaps others may have some tips they may like to add too ?
  • Edited by jdybnsn 2007-08-15 21:46:37
My family,me and my partner next year are planning to visit Disney land for 14 days.

Theres 6 of us, the five adults and then a younger one whos going to be 13 then (all girls except for the two men).
Were staying on International drive in the International Resort and spa (reviews if anyones been there would be fantastic!) but i was generally wondering wether anyone could recommend the right disney parks? Ive heared that magical kingdom is more for the younger children but its still worth the experiance.

Were going to be visiting the Kenedy Space center,Cape Canavrel,Seaworld and of course Universal Studios/IOA.
So busy busy all in all! Were going the end of September till October is it hot? busy?.

Thanks in advance.
On the question of queue lengths in disney, in August, if you want to ride the following get fastpasses or be prepared for a 2 hour wait:

Soarin' @ Epcot (fastpasses are gone by noon, some days 11am)
Safari @ Magic Kingdom (and do in the morning when the animals show)
Mission Space @ Epcot (fastpasses run out by early afternoon)

We didn't venture to any of the "magic mountains", but I often saw at least a 1 hour queue (by the size of it). We never ventured to Everest but I am guessing the same thing (its probably another 2 hour queue).

I noticed Disney never reported a queue bigger than 2 hours, but I think this is a bit naughty of them.

There are hige signs in Epcot that tell you queue sizes in both "wings" of the Epcot part of the park.

Best thing to do is sort out the key fast pass you want for the day as soon as you enter the park, and then do the nearest other rides to it, until your time comes.

I would suggest arriving for shows with no fastpass at least 20-30 minutes before they start to guarantee entrance. Shows like Lion King do fill up very quickly as does playhouse disney.

Show type rides are best to do in the heat of the day (but everyone does that, so again plot your times).

Easy rides to get on (surprisingly) are Nemo @ Epcot, and Figment @ Epcot, which are good for small kids. Muppet 3D was easy, as was Fantasia.

Some of the Fantasyland rides were 30 minute queues at noon (which is also suprising as bar small small world, they are nothing special (in the scheme of things), although enjoyable.

Finally DON'T plan to do world showcase @ Epcot in the morning, it doesn't open until 11am.

As ever Saturday and Sunday the parks are packed as locals turn up (most with annual passes) and Epcot was always quieter on Wednesdays and Thursdays for us.

If you want to watch the fireworks/parades, grab a snack and then find a spot 30 minutes before the show starts, or you'll be watching from a crowded and obscured spot.

My tip is if you are staying at Disney get maps from your hotel of all the parks (the conceierge will have them) and plan you first fastpass, go straight there and get them. Also make sure you do the parks on the magic hour days/nights, which are published in advance on a number of websites (and also the info is on the TVs in Disney).
For anyone wanting theme park tickets. You can no longer carry over unused days on Disney tickets bought in UK. At the moment most people are offering a 7 day ticket at the same price as a 5 day ticket, so even if you cant fit in 7 days you are not losing money. The Orlando flexticket is the cheapest way of visiting Sea World and both Universals. A 14 day ticket is by far the cheapest way rather than buying individual tickets, so again if you plan carefully before travelling you will not lose money. The car parking fees this year are $11,but you can visit any or all Disney parks in the same day using only 1 ticket. The same applies to the other theme parks.
Happy holidays to anyone visiting Florida this year, we have been going every year since 1991 and still find something different to do every year.
This year we went to The Blue Man Show at Universal. Highly recommended - a very funny and fun show. Audience participation encouraged.
I am thinking about booking a 15/16 night trip to Florida next April and would stay in Orlando for probably 7 nights. (2 adults and 2 children ages 5 and 9). I am just trying to roughly budget how much we would spend on theme parks whilst in Orlando for 7 nights - I know you've got all the flex tickets etc & we would also like to visit Kennedy Space Centre - could anyone give me a rough idea of how much we are likely to spend on entry tickets for 7 days?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Hi
I am visiting next July/August for 2 weeks for the first time.
I have 3 kids 13,10 & 7.
We want to do Disney parks, Universal parks, a water park, Kennedy and a beach!
We'd also like a couple of rest days.
Am I being realistic?
We went to Disney Paris and nearly knocked ourselves out trying to get it done in 5 days with no rest!
We want some sort of rest this time!
Can someone help as to whether this is all possible in 2 weeks and any recommendations on what tickets etc we should look at?
Any help would be much appreciated! :kiss
Hi

Its unlikely you will do it all in Orlando in 2 weeks as there is so much to see and do - and its a pity to try really, because you will tire yourselves out and get themepark over load so that the magic can start losing its effect.

Always best to leave an excuse to come back :wink:

we are on our fourth trip next February and we still haven't seen and done it all yet !!!

If you want to cover the major attractions then the basics are;

1)The Disney 1 or 2 week passes (not much difference in price) - these get you into the 4 main Disney parks and waterparks with unlimited entry during your stay - you should be able to pick these up for around £150 per adult.

2) The Universal Studios, Island Of Adventure, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Aquatica (brand new super -dooper waterpark ! opens March 2008) parks that should be covered on a Flex ticket - cheaper than the Disney pass. about £115 ish ? but these are one entry per ticket, unlike the Disney ones

Kids tickets are also a bit cheaper - but not much !

You might also want to consider;
- swimming with Dolphins at Discovery Cove (around £150 pp but you do get free entry to some of the Flex ticket parks included)
- Kennedy Space Centre - around £18 pp for a standard entry. you need transport as its about 50mins from Orlando. But well worth it IMO ! :)

Then there are many , many more minor attractions from some excellent crazy golf, to other waterparks, exhibitions & attractions, cruises and mini cruises from port Canaveral , airboat rides, the beaches, natural springs etc., etc,
Hi
Thanks for that!
A good excuse to return! :D

I have decided to get the Disney Ultimate 14 day ticket and Universal 2day 2park ticket with extra 3rd day free!
We are also doing Kennedy Space centre.

Can anyone tell me what the carparking fees are like in each park?
We are staying in a Villa near Champions Gate and will have to drive.
We want to take extra cash just for parking fees so it doesn't eat into our spending money!
Parking for all of the parks are around $10 per park per day. However, at Universal and Seaworld you can pay $15 per day and get preferred parking (nearer to the entrance).

We are regular visitors even so we now have a holiday home which we rent out in Orlando. We always buy our tickets from Billy Boys tickets (cheap and cheerful and exactly the same as you can get anywhere but much cheaper) on the 192 opposite Medievil Times and Wallmart.

I wouldn't try to fit too much in if I were you, its going to be hot and tiring with queues longer than you would imagine, it is a long day for all the family so make sure you relax a little too.
All you park goers beware of the parking charges. Disney charge $11 per car and Universal (including Busch and Sea World) start at $11.

The only consolation is that your Disney parking permit covers all Disney parks for that day.

How much are they making from this?
Hi,
i'm going to Orlando in Dec with my Husband and 18 month old son.
My Husband is in the Army and is currently serving in Iraq.
We've been told that there is a 'hotel' at Disney for Armed Forces called Shades of Green, and that if we go there to buy tickets we get a discount.
I've e-mailed Disney several times and i've not had a response as yet.
Has anyone used Shades of Green to buy tickets and do they know how much they are ??

Thanks
Emma x
I don't know about a specific hotel (never heard of that at all) but I believe that people in the US armed services get a discount at Disney hotels... and this may possibly applied also to UK armed services...that is more likely the case.
Perhaps you could email them with that question ?
Here is a link to info about the hotel:-

http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_sog.htm

It is for US military, I've never read anything about buying park tickets there. I think your informant may be confused. It states that only foreign military posted to US installations can use it.
Hi, thanks for all your replies.
Shades of Green have been in touch with me finally.
British Armed Forces personnel are not entitled to stay at the Shades of Green Resort... but British Armed Forces can go to the Shades of Green Resort and buy discounted tickets to all the Disney parks, Sea World, Wet & Wild ect.

Emma x
Oh that's great! Worth spreading the word then, if it is a decent discount and worth making the trip there. The hotel is close to the Polynesian Hotel, up near the Magic Kingdom.
Hello,
Anyone know of where I can purchase discounted/cheap disney tickets???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.