America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
Hi :D

I think the ticket you have bought is a four park flex ticket. It will cover, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet and Wild. Unfortunately if you wanted one to cover Bush Gardens you needed the five park flex ticket.

I think by the time you have a Disney Ticket, which will cover the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Disneys Animal Kingdom, plus probably Disneys water parks which are called Blizzard Beach & Typhon Lagoon, you will have run out of days.

EPCOT, Universal Studios and Sea World are the parks that probably need two days to get round comfortably.

Disney and Universal tickets are totally seperate. Infact they are rival companys really.

Have a great time. You will. :D
If you want to purchase a 5 day Disney tickets ,rather than a 1 week or 2 week Disney pass, I would recommend Undercovertourist.com - they have good prices and no delivery charges to the UK - they are a reputable company so you should have no problems with them.

The day tickets give you access for 1 day only, to 1 park - but you can add on the swapping between parks or 'hopping' as its known, feature at extra cost, if you want. These are what the Americans buy - hence so many US websites selling them.
Whereas the 1or 2 weeks passes give you unlimited access at any time. These types of tickets are only available in the UK - hence so many British sites selling them.
Depends how much flexibility you want really and how ridgidly you intend to stick to a planned itinery ..if you have one. Sometimes passes can be a waste because you just do not have enough time to make use of them ...and alot depends just how much Disney you want to do, and how many other things are on you plans that are non Disney.
Hi, can someone help me with this please?

We are looking to get tickets for the Disney parks in Orlando and one site shows tickets for UK and Ireland only. Does that mean we cant use the MYW Disney tickets? None of the other sites show tickets specific for different countries and we're a bit confused.

Thanks

Alex

Edit: Sorry, I missed the topic at the top re theme park ticket queries!
i got my disney myw tickets from undercovertourist last year and had no problems using them , it is actual tickets you receive and not vouchers, they were the cheapest tickets at the time , and i got my 4 park flexiticket from onlineflorida.....although i think themeparkticketsdirect are working out cheaper for their 4 parkflexiticket this year.
Hi
Could anyone please tell me what the queues are like in mid June time at the parks please? I really didn't think about the fact that the kids are going to be off school around about that time! :roll: :bhead

Thank you :bow

Laura :)
Has anyone used Themepark Tickets Direct for their Disney tickets and are they any good? Do they send the actual tickets like I would like, or vouchers, like I dont!??

I am looking at getting the 14 day unlimited Disney ticket for 3 adults... they are doing them for £153 each at the moment, which is about £20 less than everywhere else!

Thanks guys... :roll:

PS If you have booked Discovery Cove, you also get a day at Sea World thrown in, or did last time I went! Worth checking...
Hi,

I used theme park tickets direct for my 21 day busch gardens/seaworld tickets and did not have any problems. Tickets arrived about 5-7 days after purchased.

keanda
Hi pxxuk

I should also have mentioned in my post about Themepark Tickets Direct that it was tickets and not vouchers that I received when purchasing the 21 day Busch Garden/Seaworld passes. Why don't you e-mail them and ask if the Disney passes are tickets or vouchers.

keanda
I am gong to orlando early June and i was looking for some advice on how to plan our days out. I have seen something about this before but i am unable to find it!!!!. Has any body got any advice ? we are staying for 2 weeks and have flex tickets for disney and universal. Many thanks. :D
Welcome to HT! :wave

I think you'll find THIS topic useful :wink:

Pippy :D
:? I am off to Florida in July, and I dont have any tickets yet,
I have read somewhere that when you first enter the theme park to use your tickets for the first time when you register them, you have to show/register the debit/credit card that you purchased them with.

My friend was going to buy my tickets for me as a gift and use her debit card, but obviously if I have to show her card at the theme parks this would not be possible...............(i couldnt ask to take her card with me, lol)

Many thanks
Hi
I'm not aware of you having to show your credit card at the entrance for Disney, or anywhere else when you buy tickets........however, this may be the case perhaps when you buy vouchers to exchange for tickets, that some companies sell...but I've never bought these type, so someone may be able to confirm or deny this.

To play it safe then, as long as she buys you real tickets, and not vouchers that require you exchanging them when you get there, you should be OK.

What tickets were you planning on getting (ie where for Disney, Seaworld etc) ?
Thanks for your reply,

I was planning to get a 14 day disney and a 14 day universal because I dont know what day I want to go to either parks and this gives me the option of both.........

also I would like to plan a day trip to see the dolphins ( we dont swim)
and also a couple of shows with dinner.

Apart from hotel bars, is there anywhere I could visit at night with my 15 year old in tow that allow me to have a drink and relax after a hectic day ?

Probably be too tired to go out anywhere at night anyway lol !

I will be staying at the international plaza on i drive, so anywhere handy from there at night would be great.

Many thanks :D
Hi Hotdog,

It would be cheaper to get a 7 day pass for both Universal and for Disney and spend a week doing one, and then a week doing the other...but there again I can see that getting 14 days would give you more flexibility.

You can see dolphins at Sea World...they have a dolphin show (amongst very many other things !) and there is a pool where you can get up close & feed them.

You can also swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove - but you don't need to be able to swim yourself as life jackets are provided. This allows you to get in the water with them and interact and be towed a short distance by them. This is quite an expensive day out (just under £150pp) but I have yet to see a bad review of the place !

As far as dinner shows go, I have been to the Pirates one and Arabian Nights, but did not rate either of those - I think the better one is the Dolly Parton one by reviews I've seen.

As far as evening entertainment goes its worth bearing in mind that many of the big parks have evening firework shows that should not be missed - they are fantastic !!!!...were not talking a couple of rockets here !
In particular, the two that stand out are 'SpectroMagic' at MGM studios, and 'Illuminations' at Epcot
Both Disney and Universal have evening entertainment centre; Downtown Disney and City Board Walk.

During the day, the other place I would not miss is the Titanic Exhibition at the Macardo Centre on I-Drive - brilliant !

You won't be able to do it all in 2 weeks so don't bust a gut trying......besides you should always leave an excuse to go back !
  • Edited by jdybnsn 2007-05-18 11:31:51
:D
Thank you for your response, it sounds really fantastic and I cant wait to go ................

Many Thanks
What are http://www.themeparkticketsdirect.com like for Disney tickets and Universal?
They are a well established outfit.

They are pretty competative, but always shop around, as offers for different tickets change fairly frequently..

Worth noting that many of these web firms will price match each other too, if you find they are cheaper for one ticket, but not for another.
That way you can get all your tickets from one supplier if you find this easier.

You could also look at Attraction Tickets Direct - they are another big player.
Hi was in Florida 2005 and 2006 both times in May first time got tickets through keith prowse and last year attractions direct who were much cheaper and we got a free child for our Dolly Partons and The Pirates,also got a free phonecard and underwater camera the service was first class and you get REAL tickets not vouchers.If yoyu have smaller and younger children them there is not much you can get on at niversal which we done last year personally I prefer Disney.Be aware that when we went they take your fingerprint so noone else can use your tickets.Dolly Partons is a good night out the food is ok drink at the preshow is NOT free only at the show,the pirates show was not great food terrible and drink expensive.Sea world is fantastic you can buy fish at certain times to feed the dolphins get there early they only sell a set amount at each feeding time,seals all the time.Busch Gardens is lovely if you have a flexipass the bus is free but dont miss it on the way back they wont wait on you our bus left people,the safari is well worth the extra feeding giraffes was an experience our daughter still talks about.
don't know if this makes a difference but we were identified by fingerprints when we entered the various disney parks, so will it make a difference if you buy part used tickets? will your ID be questioned?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.