UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi we have been to flamingo land loads of times.... the good thing about it is when you get sick of the rides there is the zoo... which your kids will love.... Only been to lightwater valley once... its quiet good.... never been to Drayton Mannor.... hope you all have a lovely day where ever you choose to go.... and happy birthday to your youngest....

:wave
:D Thanks for that scully27.That's really helpfull :thanks
Hi Rac

Have been to Drayton Manor lots - its got a good range of rides there, and a zoo with kids corner. I go with my group of teenage students but have seen lots of rides for younger visitors, shops didnt seem that overpriced either, we usually take a picnic lunch as this saves on costs then get everyone an ice cream there!

Website lists kids rides: http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk

Have got friends who have taken kids around 10 - 13 year olds and they loved it! Not sure where you live but the West Midlands safari parks great - big safari area and lots of rides its near Bewdley in West Mids.

Hope this helps
Alison :D
:D Thanks a lot for your help Alison thats great :D
One place that we have been to is Thorpe park. It has a few big coasters, and some smaller rides as well. Our favourite was the Pirate 4D which is a 3D show, with a few 'extras'. We went there with our 10 year old a couple of years ago.

It is in the same company as Alton Towers, but is based near London. I think the website is http://www.thorpepark.co.uk

Rachel
Thanks a lot for your help Rachel
Rac :D
Hi rac, have only been to Drayton Manor from your list of three but have to say we had a fantastic day. We to took a picnic lunch which keeps costs down. My kids were 8 & 10 at the time but the biggest kid of all was me :lol: Later on in the day all the queue's die down and we raced round like looneys and got to go on everything, we shall definately go again.

Shell :D
Does anyone know if there are any half price vouchers anywhere on the internet for Lightwater Valley? they usually do have them knocking around but i can't find them anywhere. :lol:
We have only been to Drayton Manor from your list - in fact, we've been hundreds of times (as we live quite close). The thing I like about it is the fact that, although theres lots of rides, theres not much walking involved. Its quite compact. Also, you buy a wristband and can go on as many rides as you wish. The zoo is fab too.
We`ve been twice to Flamingo Land, the 2nd time hoping it would be better than the 1st, but it wasn`t, we thought it was a bit dirty and shabby. We loved Lighwater Valley and Drayton Manor, also always enjoy Pleasure Island at Cleethorpes, everything`s in a circle so not too much walking.
the only one i've been to on your list is drayton manor. for someone who doesn't really like too many scarey rides i thought it was brilliant.

it does have a couple of completly scarey rides but a lots of them reminded me of fairground rides, which was good, because we could ALL enjoy going on some rides.

the life boat water ride was the best water ride i have been on.

there is a zoo at the park. its quite a compact park so not too much walking around from each ride. i thought it was better than alton towers!!
medot.xx
If you are going to Flamingo Land there are some BOGOF tickets here http://www.gosummer.com + loads of other places around the UK :_
Hi Rac, have you tried gullivers world at warrington, or Camelot at charnock richard?? - less travel for you?? - unless of course you're east manchester? - 8-)
we have been to flamingoland many times always thought it was good value for money
Tinkerbell, this site http://www.daysoutuk.com/Voucher.aspx?listingid=2839 has a voucher for an offer of Two for the Price of One. Cannot be used on Bank Hol weekends or during August. Excludes family ticket and group rates for Lightwater Valley.

You have to register with the site (free) and then you can print the voucher!

Sarah
Live anywhere near Gullivers world? or Gullivers Kingdom? Its rides suit all ages and a fun day out for all!!!
also always enjoy Pleasure Island at Cleethorpes, everything`s in a circle so not too much walking.
I have to agree with you there. Although I only live a 10 minute walk away from Pleasure Island I do enjoy going there on a regular basis.

I used to work there back in 1998 and since then it gets better and better.

www.pleasure-island.co.uk is the web site.

If you're in Cleethorpes for more than just the one day you should think about taking a trip into Grimsby (right next door to Cleethorpes - you have to travel through Grimsby to get to Cleethorpes if you take the M180/A180). A few museums there and lots of shopping places.
I would reccomend Flaminga Land, its got the best rides, and the zoo is really good.
Lightwater Valley used to be the top dog, but its looking a bit lame these days.
Enjoy whaever you are doing
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.