Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Gatorland! Near to airport, and can do trainer for a day package where touch aligators, snakes, spiders etc!

Shopping

Waterpark? Then can shower and change in changing rooms
we were in a similar position in january this year, the bus fromnthe ship got us there at 11 am and we werent flying until 6p.m ish

we toyed with doing trips etc...but in the end didnt bother. Although you cant check in so early , we took our luggage through on a trolley, found good seats in a sports bar, and ordered a beer.. Drank that, read our books for a while, wandered round the shops (there's lots including Disney shops and exhibitions), then we ordered a nice lunch. Took our time eating that...then went through, queued for check -in.....went through to departures, browsed the duty free, had another beer LOL.....by which time we were called to the gate. Sat there for about an hour and boarded. Sounds like an ordeal but it honestly wanst too bad at all. i personally felt a bit stressed about not being in control of being at the check in on time :duh ....although i appreciate that these trip organisers do this every day :D
The Hyatt regency at the airport is a superb hotel, and is in the airport building so no need to worry about when you leave etc. If it were me would relax around their pool prior to a long flight!
Thanks everyone for all your replys we're still not sure what to do so keep the ideas coming.

We now have a car for the last day so we can be more flexible than with the transfer.

Shopping was favourite but the malls don't seem to open until 12 noon on a sunday at least the Florida mall dosen't.

Regards

Ezzigo
Premium outlets Buena Vista open at 10 a:m
annx
It's 15 years since we were last in Orlando but I do remember visinging the Orlando Science Center on a Sunday. This is the link:
http://orlando.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=orlando&cdn=citiestowns&tm=42&f=00&su=p554.12.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.osc.org/

It seems to have expanded quite a bit since we were there! It's in downtown Orlando so shouldn't be too much of a drive.

Another Sunday we went to the Disney Village at Lake Buena Vista. I suspect this is now the Premium Outlet mentioned in the previous post. When we went you could hire pedaloes, canoes etc. on the lake but you'd need to check up on that before you go as it's longer drive from the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.