America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
The Titanic Exhibition is well worth a visit on I Drive - you can pick up discount coupons for entry, from most shopping malls.

The Lego shop and Rain Forest Cafe at Downtown Disney - both excellent for kids of your ages.

Also the Pirate Cove Golf - crazy golf (there are a couple of courses in Orlando) - we went to the one near Downtown Disney.
:lol:
We also liked Disney Quest, its hard to describe what is is though. Its not really a theme park, more a sort of activity centre. Good if you get a rainly day as its all indoors.

Its included on some of the disney tickets.

Also cirque du soleil is good, if you like that kind of show. You need to make sure its your kind of thing though as its very expensive.

Not been myself but the Dolly Parton will west show is also supposed to be good.

Many people go to the beach for the day as well, I think Cocoa Beach is nearest.
Hi there

I agree that the Titanic Exhibition is a good visit but be warned that once you have had the tour and walked through the exhibition into the gift shop you cannot go back in. Found that out last year and was a bit disappointed as I wanted to go around again at my own speed.

When to Disneyquest and half of it was not working, so did not think much to that!.

For smaller children the Green Meadows Petting Farm on Poinciana Boulevard is great for a half day out.

We went to Clearwater Beach for the day but a hell of a long drive, right through Tampa and out the other side, you think you are going to drive off the end of the world but what a sight when you get there, nothing but pure white sand!!

Have fun :wave
Kennedy Space Center tour really is a must and the kids will greatly enjoy it. The Space Center is about fifty minutes east of Orlando on the coast and there is loads of information about the tours on the internet.
The kids might enjoy Kissimme waterfront park down through the arch in old town Kissimmee. Nice free half day-slides under cover and water play area.

Celebration near the lake is nice and fountains for children to play in. Cypress gardens has a nice waterpark.

Airboat rides at Boggy Creek are great fun.
Try going to Clearwater Beach, just drive due West down the I4, very cheap parking, plenty of child friendly cafe's and restaurants.
You might like to visit the big cat sanctuary in Tampa, this is not a zoo!!.
http://www.bigcatrescue.org/
and dont forget the waterpark bang in the centre of I drive, theres shopping but i dont suppose that would be much fun for the little ones.
If you don't mind the 2 hour journey I highly recommend St Augustine http://www.ci.st-augustine.fl.us/

There are well organised trolley bus tours where you can hop off and on at the various tourist attractions. Keep your ticket as its valid for your lifetime.
Lake Louisa State Park just up the 27 towards Clermont-has a nice little beach area near the lake.

Winter Park has a lovely Tiffany glass museum on Park Ave-and kids can enjoy the squirrel park or a boat trip around the lake.

Lake Eola-downtown orlando has Swan boats on the lake.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.