America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Had a look at Eclipse Direct, looks all the world to me like the First Choice website (same layout) so I assume the two are related? And the same holiday you're looking at for the Easter period, 4th April for 2 weeks is an eyewatering £4400 so your price appears rather good in comparison! Anyhow, I went to Florida twice in 2006, for a week each time and stayed at the Quality Inn Maingate West. The price was right though, I paid £1500 for the half term week in May for 4 (last minute) and £1358 for a week in August. My two were 12 and 10 at the time. I suppose it may depend on how old your children are. Whilst it was ok for a week, two double beds, next to each other and not much room for luggage (a couple of hangars on a coatrack and a couple of drawers), I wouldn't want to do it for 2 weeks. You can't do the parks everyday and you need a bit more room to relax. There's one small table in the room and two chairs so if you can't face a restaurant after a long day at the parks and just want to get a takeaway, two people have to sit on the bed. We're off again in July for 2 weeks this time so we've opted for a town house with two bedrooms.

It's really your choice though. If the price was right, I'd go back to the Quality Inn, no hesitation.

Whatever you choose to do have a fabulous time. You won't be disappointed with Florida, I guarantee it.
Cheers for that KH, you're right about Eclipse though, it is owned by First Choice, same website, same holidays, same call centre etc but their holidays are always cheaper than FC's!

I might look about for a bit better hotel then just to be on the safe side.
That sounds like the Airtours/Direct Holidays set up. Both companies are now owned by Thomas Cook. The same holiday I booked with Direct Holidays was £1,000 more expensive with Airtours. Don't know how they justify it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.