Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
I would say it compares well to Kefalonia, esp if you look at the smaller resorts.We found Corfu town a much better place than Argostoli, the later had no real character as it has been totally rebuilt since the earthquake.But Corfu town had more of a lived in feel.

Obviously Kavos would probably not tick the rite boxes ;)
Kavos !! well daughters would disagree but I'M PAYING :)
Thanks for the reply , agree Argostoli is abit blahh apart from the turtles !
Lally
Hi Lally,

we're off to Corfu in August for our third holiday on the island so you could say we're fans of the place ;) We haven't stayed at Kalami though and I'm sorry to say that I don't know anything about it. We've chosed to stay in Aghios Gordios this time which seems to have what we want- enough bars and tavernas to keep us going for 2 weeks, a nice beach and no lager louts.

I've found this for you in case you want some more info on Kalami
http://www.kalamicorfu.com/en/kalami-corfu-guide.html

this is where we're going- http://agios-gordios.net/

Happy holiday hunting :)
Thanks Shirley
Been having a good read and it seems good but maybe a bit quiet - if eldest decides not to come its a definite but may have to find somewhere else if she graces us with her presence !
Lally :)
We stayed there approx 8 years ago and found it very quite and small. It cannot in any way be compared to Parga it is just one road which runs along the back of the beach which was very narrow and stony and that was it. Very few places to eat and after a couple of days hired a car to get out and about. To catch public transport you have a steep climb up to the main road. We stayed in apartments called The Captains Cabin which were very good but would we go back to Kalami again although we enjoyed our holiday I do not think so and if you have teenagers definitely not. I would think if you looked at Kassiopi you might have some luck as when there it seamed quite nice. Kalami reminded me of Katelios on Kefalonia but without the hotels which have appeared there since we went many moons ago hope that helps.
Very many thanks for your reply.
Too quiet for the girls I think - spent some time in Katelios - lovely for me , but not for them :rofl
Another time maybe !!
Lally :offtop :offtop Shirley , I followed your link and WOW esp the appts you have chosen
Just sent a request for prices to them and 2 others
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.