Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
have you looke at the members hotel reviews Yet ????

wizard
A little saying comes to mind!! "You get what you pay for".

There are many complaints about this hotel - you could find much better accommodation if you looked around.

Also, Malta will be extremely hot in August.

Pippa
Please read the reviews BEFORE booking this hotel

Biff
well, if you subtract £100 for the flight (although it's probably more than that since it's the peak season), that leaves £198 for 14 nights. This works out at £14 per night for accomodation, breakfast and dinner. What do you expect? How can the hotel run a business on this income? Simple, by providing a service for that price.

£14 (LM9 approx) should be the budget for a decent evening meal alone. An equivalent price in the UK would be closer to £20-25.
Rich555,

I've never actually stayed in the Palm Court but know of it very well. It's not where we would want to stay but if you choose to stay there after reading what folks say then you know what to expect. Local folks call it Fawlty Towers! :yikes

Flights to Malta in August are usually in excess of £200 and we've tried to get a cheap price around that time but it's amazing how the price rockets during this period. So that leaves me to let you ponder on how much you're paying for your accommodation? :hmmm

As it was mentioned you'll only get what you pay for in Malta and yes it sure is hot and dry in August so really you do need a decent hotel and an air conditioned room if your going to sleep comfortably at night. We know because we've had several holidays in Malta during August and with the right accommodation it's busy, but a great time to be there, especially with all the festas and other events that take place around that time.

Please let us all know how you get on if you do decide to stay at the Palm Court since some folks actually do give it positive reports!!!!

Trev
Stayed at the Palm Court about 4 years ago. It was awful - i cried everynight I was there!! I know it's cheap but certainly not cheerful. Try Chevron holidays, they have some really good deals and some lovely hotels.
Cheers folks,

might not stay here, i kinda thought it was to cheap. Might just see what i can get last min.

8)
When we stayed at the Palm Court a few years ago our bedroom was flooded by the leaking air conditioning. We had a fan above the bed which was rattling and dangerous.

I agree you get what you pay for and this was a cheap holiday. The entertainment was absolutely rubbish. I would advise anyone to pay more and get a better hotel, there are many good hotels in the vicinity.
Rich555,

Why not try looking at buying just the flights and then contacting a few hotels direct!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.