Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
We are going on Saturday 15th and just got our tickets yesterday.
Our flight is the sunday the 16th one EssexGal but at least you got your tickets ....will we see you in MM on st patricks night ?
Im going 18th and I called them to ask about my tickets and they said 'oh yeah we have them in store, you can collect when you like' .... so might be worth popping into or calling the store assuming you booked through a store and not online.
:cry No solobrummy we did book on line so its not as if we call go and get them in a shop :cry
My hubbie and his mum go 20 march and their tickets came 2 days ago from thomas Cook. They also booked on line.
ThomasCook have merged with Mytravel and we have(when booked with Mytravel) on one occasion had to collect our tickets at the airport. When we got home our original tickets were there (obviously arrived too late) so now what I do is find my price online and then ring the local travel agent (linked to the website ) and ask them to price match, that way you can go and collect your tickets if you want. Saying that, it wasn't really a big deal getting them at the airport, but you just feel better with them in your hands before you go.
Debi
Colleen give them a call. We haven't got our tickets either and on the same flight as you. They said they hadn't received them in their office and they wouldn't be sent now so we have to pick them up at the airport and that she would arrange that, so I would ring just to be on the safe side. She also said that we wouldn't be able to pick them up the day before only on the day of the flight from the Monarch desk, just means getting to the airport that bit earlier. I agree, though, I would much prefer to have them in my hand before I leave home.
We did a late flight only booking last Nov,our tickets were at the Monarch Desk waiting,
no problem :tup
ann
This isn't late bookings though aarond, we booked on 31st July!!! I've done late bookings before and picked them up at the airport with no problem. Just hope that they are there.
That,s really bad service!!!hope all works out O.K for you all. :tup
ANN
Thanks Ann, I am sure it will be OK and this time next week we will be in the air on our way. :)
Polly50,Have a super holiday,we came home 2 weeks today and missing Goa already :(
ann
I will phone them tomorrow polly ..i phoned on and off all day sat was on the phone for all in about 2 hrs and I still never got to talk to anyone .... :rage :rage
All the holiday firms are a bit of a problem at present.Example.. We booked a holiday through Thomsons Direct for a Airtours Holiday, because Thomsons price was cheaper, but we had to cancel this holiday and booked a Aspro Holiday via the original Thomson Direct Holiday. When our tickets arrived they were Aspro Tickets. On our arrival at the airport the flight was a First Choice One but operating under Thomas Cook, ie a Thomas Cook Plane. When we got to the other end First Choice Reps looked after us.
I am rather pleased I had no complaints

Confused............
:cry :rage I am on the phone to thomas cook since 9 o clock and I still have not got through to anyone to ask about my tickets :rage thats an hour and a half
That reminds me I emailed them weeks ago about the cancellation - never got a reply. Keep hanging on Irishcolleen, hope its not an 0870 number
:rofl Sure you know its one of the 0870 Rokerender...but I have just got through and the girl said she has had a lot of calls this morning about that flight ...she is going to phone me back later in the day :rofl AS IF .....but she said when we check in they will know about no one getting their tickets ..but she also said we might still get them one day this week .... :duh colleen
I don't think I would be very happy with that reply. If you stand in the queue without a ticket and they refuse to deal with you , what do you do then. Can't they issue tickets for you to collect at the airport , thats the usual system.
I think I would be making a few more phone calls, using Glynis's 'sayno...'

I'm sure you will sort it out and get there for paddy's day???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.