Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
Thank you very much everybody for your replies.

I booked on-line - so will try and put those extra letters on the flight numbers to see if it will work.

Thanks for the advise about premium seats as I was thinking of doing this, wont bother now.

Cheers
Michelle
API

I'm a bit confused as to whether I have to fill this in on-line before we travel or at check in?, we are flying to Gran Canaria so don't know if this is one of the places where you have to do API before you fly :que
Gran Canaria is on the list of API destinations
hi shazajo.....yep think you do....Im off gran caneria in 3 weeks and phoned thomas cook to ask about it....were on a package with them.....and got told yes ...we needed to go on line and fill in details.....I thought as we were on a package and on a charter flight I wouldnt need to do it and only phoned to ask to be certain.....they told me has to be done atleat 72hrs before check in....thing was no one bothered telling me....I had to ask......tweetie
TWEETIE PIE

Thanks i'm glad I asked now, just a shame the TO dont bother telling us :que ,left to figure it out for ourselves
Just hope when it comes to filling it in that it works ok coz I'm a right worrier.

Wish I was going in 3 weeks ,hope you enjoy your holiday :sun2 , 13 weeks for me :(

BEfreeTODAY wrote:
Gran Canaria is on the list of API destinations

Thanks ;)
hi shazjo...Im a worrier too...you find we are part of a big club of worriers on here...but we do give and get mutual support and it helps....tweetie
hi
just have to share what happened to us on a thomas cook flight to dalaman on 31st may flight tcx 506k, when we arrived at the check
in the lovely indian lady phoned for a wheelchair for me i had contacted tcook by email but had no reply so I didnt expect to get a wheelchair, we were whisked through security and when we boarded we were seated first, everything was fine we took off but about a
hour later the captain mr I kid you not johnny snowball informed us that the plane was returning to manchester because a sensor was telling them that the plane was losing fuel,we made it back acompanied by manchester airports fire brigade.we were told that the the aircraft had burst a tyre landing that had to be fixed and the engineers were coming aboard to look at the engine. two hours later we were told we wouldnt be flying that night they put us up in a hotel for the night and after breakfast the rep told us we would be here for lunch and we were being taken back to the airport at seven that evening we finally took off at 11 20 that night.

what I would like to say is thank to the staff of thomas cook at manchester airport and all of the cabin crew of the flights eg steve and catherine for being so helpful to me and my daughter. I have nothing but praise for them all. this from a first time flier. forgot to mentioned we were also given vouchers for food at airport both days and fed on plane going out.
I've had an email from Direct Holidays telling me that TCX2472 / TCX2473 Manchester/Banjul Wednesday day flights this winter are now cancelled. I'd booked for 13th April 2011 - and they tell me they aim to move me to the Saturday night flights several days later.
(which isn't acceptable to me)
However I've just checked Thomas Cook and Direct Holidays websites - and they are still accepting bookings for the Wednesday flights. Does anyone know what T.Cook really are doing with this??
Are the flights REALLY cancelled?
Sorry to duplicate this....posted it on the airline topic as well...

HELP.....its thursday...Im flying on monday....just realised one of our hand luggage bags is too long 50cms....any one know of a high st store selling a suitable size hand luggage bag for thomascook 43cm x 28cm x 23cm....Ive been on the net looking ....but no joy...............we last flew thomson and the bag I have is ok for them...I thought he took the same bag to gran caneria last year on thomascook....but he musnt have done....and I havent a clue which bag he did take or where it is....I have loads of bags but non fit the criteria...tweetie
Try Amazon, they do pretty much everything and you could get next day delivery if you're quick :tup
TWEETIE PIE wrote:
Sorry to duplicate this....posted it on the airline topic as well...

Maybe you missed my reply but i did answer on the airline forum...

Argos do a fair selection of bags - there are at least 4 messenger bags or small rucksacks that are well within size.

See the other reply for links to a couple of them :)
Debenhams & John Lewis have a good choice of 'cabin luggage'!
Hi can anyone tell me what row 12 on Thomas Cook A321 aircraft is like, I have booked these seats for four people for the extra leg room but looking at the aircraft plan I can't work out how they have more leg room as their is seats infront of them.
This section of the site is for queries regarding package holidays with Thomas Cook.

You should get a better response if you post in the Thomas Cook topic in the Flights forum.

luci :wave
A word of praise here for Thomas Cook.

Last Thursday (29th July) I booked a holiday for September 2011 on the TC websit at what I consider to be an excellent price. In my excitement, I ticked the wrong box and paid for the lot instead of just the deposit!! Only noticed this when I looked at my email some hours later!!

Grovelling telephone call followed on Friday but as the holiday wasn't on the system nothing could be done. I tried again on Saturday and was told there would be no problem creditting back the money less the deposit, between 7 to 10 days later.

Yesterday (Monday) the money was back on the CC less the deposit. WELL DONE THOMAS COOK!!
Im making a booking soon, can we add people to the booking please? Thankyou to anyone who will know. Jamz110
we have a hold travel allowance of 20kg each 3 travelling so 60kg altogether. what i want to know is if their is a limit on how many cases we can take. normally take one each but would like to take four this time. would this be ok?
this question would best be asked in the hold baggage thread in the airline forum...[this is the tour operator forum]
who are you flying with??
the usual answer would be ok but no one case should exceed 23kg [but some airlines have a max of 30 kg and some will charge extra for the additional bag]

wizard
I've noticed just recently that Thomas Cook are also selling Thomson holidays :que
I know they sell for Direct holidays, manos etc because they are part of the same company but was very surprised to see them selling thomson holidays. Does anybody know when they started doing this and how this benefits them. Surely their just making money for a competitor.

I know about the amalgamation of Thomson/first Choice but I didn't think Thomas Cook was anything to do with Thomson. Can anyone enlighten me please?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.