Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
No need to compare the Meerkat !! You're the best ! ;)

Thanks a lot for the info !!
We have just returned from our holiday and the Receptionist tore out the front page from the booklet where the hotel was named. Easy peasy!
Thanks a lot for the confirmation Suzie ! Another 15 days to go for the Dreams Punta Cana and I'm getting more and more impatient ... Lucky there's Christmas in between !!!
Do Thomas Cook put dates of birth on the travel tickets?
I dont think so, but when you check in your passport would need to match the information given to Thos Cook on booking.

Kath x
TC don't put dates of birth on tickets. Just title, first initial and surname
I just got my tickets from TC today and for the first time noticed that they have your age printed on the ticket beside your name. Didn't notice that when we went with them in November...
Thomas Cook, save £50 on flight and hotel. Book by 31 january for travel until 31 October - TCSAVE50

http://www.thomascook.com/it-is-50-off-flight-plus-hotel?intcmp=fh_hero_leadin_SAVE50

luci :wave
I recently booked a holiday with TC over the internet and paid a deposit the balance due in March. I have just won some Thomas Cook vouchers at work and was wondering if there was any way I could
use them against mu holiday. I have checked the web site and cant find anywhere that says i can pay in a store or by vouchers. Thanks
Hi,
What does it say on your vouchers? Does the small print state exactly what they can be used for? Sorry, I'm not much help as I haven't been fortunate enough to win any holiday vouchers :( I would imagine they're for booking a new holiday but that's just a guess.

If you don't get much help here I think the best thing to do would be to ring TC up and ask them.
Thanks for the quick reply, I have not got the vouchers yet its part of a reward scheme at work.

I found a bit on their web site about companys buying vouchers as business incentives which says

Key reasons to choose Thomas Cook vouchers: Accepted thorough all our sales channels, valid forever and fully transferable, fast and secure delivery, marketing support available, discounts for larger purchases.

Think the best thing will be to email and ask when the vouchers arrive.

Thanks
Hi
Quite often vouchers are only valid against new bookings. As you say, best to wait until it arrives. I'm sure it will be covered in the small print.
We get vouchers and you can take them into the shop and pay them off the remaining balance of your holiday.
If you'd already paid your balance in full you wouldn't be able to use them until next time you book.
You don't have to have used them at the time you booked, you can take them in and just pay off a bit of the balance.
If you booked online, you can put in the codes online too, just put in your booking code where you'd pay your balance online and there's an option for vouchers.
swan007 wrote:
We get vouchers and you can take them into the shop and pay them off the remaining balance of your holiday.
If you'd already paid your balance in full you wouldn't be able to use them until next time you book.
You don't have to have used them at the time you booked, you can take them in and just pay off a bit of the balance.
If you booked online, you can put in the codes online too, just put in your booking code where you'd pay your balance online and there's an option for vouchers.

Thanks for that, I have gone on "make a payment" it asked how much I wanted to pay then only offered me the option of paying by card.
went into my local TC shop today and they wouldn't price match their internet price :que . Internet price on thomas cook website....£740...thomas cook shop best price ....£899........ so I obviously decided to book via their website!
we had the same thing internet price was £1250 asked if local thomas cook shop would match, they come back with a figure of £2050 said they could knock off the £50 so we booked online
hi....must be the branches near where you live.....last year I found holiday on thomascook internet site....phoned my local shop and asked would they match the price....they said to print it off...and it had to be that days price....and they would match it....thats what I did....and they matched the price for me.

So this year did the same....found hols....phoned...printed it off....took in shop ....and they matched it.

They only match thomascook on line prices
Last three years we have done the same, find holiday on internet (TC site), print it off, go to shop and they will price match it - in fact this year they beat the price by £400, included premium cabin and free airport lounge. They said they will always at least pricematch a TC online price.

Denny
hi all....Ive just been reading some posts about names ect matching passports....and its set me off on one of my worry trips......I booked hols with thomas cook in the shop....I was booking for my son and his wife as well...they live a long way from me and I had to do a seperate booking as they needed to fly from a different airport...I have a vague memory of going to spell some of our first names as they can be spelt in more than one way....and being told not to worry as only the initials are used for the booking...cant remember if she asked for dates of birth either :duh

Now Im worrying as there is no way of checking if Ive got everything right ( Im one of those dafties that always have to check things loads of times as worry )

The only details about us all on my confirmation is initial and surname....and no dates of birth...it just says adult after our names......it is a package holiday this july and we are flying thomascook as well... dont want to wait till tickets come and find names or dates of birth are wrong....and cant remember what was on our tickets last year.

I havent been asked to do the API either yet

Surely initial surname and adult is not all that is required for them to verify who you are for passport check...as been reading ticket details must match passport...ie jessy on ticket jessica on passport...if initials were enough the initial J would be the same...

Anyone remember if thomascook only use the initial surname and the word adult on the tickets
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.