Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
question.... did you book direct or through a travel agent/shop

if you booked direct then expect your documents 14/21 days before departure
if you booked via an agent/shop then expect your documents 7/10 days before departure [they go to the agent/shop for forwarding] .... HOWEVER some agents will issue E- tickets you may have to chase them [if you are worried then contact whomever you booked through]

wizard
Hi Wizard, thanks for that !

I've booked direct on Thomas Cook website so it's 2-3 weeks then ...
That will do, so hopefully will get them before Christmas ... We shall see ...

Thanks again !
Anybody noticed - Thomas Cooks internet facilities are broken YET AGAIN.
Now if you try to go to the website payment facility it drops you off into a void saying webite not found.
And if you want to book a holiday for winter 2010/2011 it looks like it is going to work, but if you are trying to be date flexible, or booking a single place - it goes off to fairyland and crashes after 5 minutes. When are Thomas Cook going to get some decent website support?? They must be losing busines by this - when you see TUI with an efficient fast working site.
Just looking through some paperwork for holiday and noticed that we had 'apparently' requested vegetarian meals on our flight through Thomas Cook flying Monach. Rang Thomas Cook who promptly asked me if we had booked over the internet and said that they were aware that there had been a problem with their internet booking site concerning meal requests and changed us back to regular meals.

Would not have been too disappointed but for those who like their meat it may be worth checking booking details.
After reading bad reviews I was slightly nervous travelling with TC but I needn't have worried. We went to Cuba and everything was perfect from start to finish. The flights were on time, plenty of legroom and the food and in flight entertainment was pretty good. I would definitely use them again.
goadreamer, I had the exact same issue on my confirmation letter....

Called them to make sure this was changed. As much as I like vegetables, I'm definitely not a vegetarian !!!

All, I've got a pretty specific question, don't know if any of you has experienced it.

I'm booked for Dreams Punta Cana leaving 6th Jan for 2 weeks with Thomas Cook.

How long is the transfer normally ( I suppose under an hour) and above all, does it usually stop in other hotels first or is it the first stop ?

I'm asking that as due to the stop in Manchester we already arrive quite late in Punta Cana ...

Thanks a lot in advance !

Julmops
Julmops,

All I can offer you on ifo about transfers is that Dreams Punta Cana is located in an area named Uvero Alto, 1 hr north of Punta Cana, one of the furthest hotels on the east coast away from Punta Cana airport...........so if you sharing a transfer coach with other holiday travellers you will be one of the last stops.
Transfer stops will be all dependent on how many people are going to your resort, if you have to stop off on the way to other resorts or go straight to your resort.
Have you not thought about getting your own trasfers booked to save time on the road................possibly you dont want to pay extra for them as you are getting them free with your package.

Angie.
Angie, it's included in the package so I'll be fine with whatever comes, I just keep my fingers crossed that they made a separate bus for Uvero Alto, taking in consideration that there are a few hotels up there sold by Thomas Cook ...
Thanks a lot for your help !
Any advise how to access Thomas Cook's site would be appreciated. I haven't been able to get it up for weeks and our holidays is not too far away. Thanks
Hi SS, :D

I too have been trying for ages and the only way I recently found to get on their site is going through Mozilla Firefox.

Hope this helps.

Angie.
Thanks Angie but I don't know what that is. They must be losing a lots of bookings and a lot of people who have booked previously might want to go on it to book extras etc - me included!
I can get onto Direct Holidays who are similar but the prices vary from Thomas Cook!
Hope someone has informed them and they do something about it - quickly! :D :D
Mozilla Firefox is a browser, just as Internet Explorer is a browser. You can download it HERE

luci :wave
Thanks luci, you just beat me to it. Was just about to post that to SS.

Angie.
Is the tamcook website having the weekend off again ? Been trying since Saturday morning to get on, using 3 different PC's, and still unable to get on.
Hi lazy biinman ... just tried and can't get http://www.thomascook.com to load, but can get http://www.thomascook.com/holidays/ no problem. :hmmm
David :wave
Cheers David. tried the link but lo and behold still not working for me. Looks like I'll try again after the weekend
:think
I think TC have been having problems. I received 6 emails over the weekend with invoices for the holiday I had last September :yikes
Working allright now. Must have gone on a cheap weekend break ;) ;)
another question for you guys ...

I've received on Friday my travel documents for the trip in Dominican Republic leaving Gatwick on 6th Jan. All documents are in a little booklet including flight coupons but I was surprised not to see a hotel voucher included ... Is it not necessary ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.