Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
5 days to go, to we are off to costa del sol, fungerola, using thomas cook flexible trips for the complete holiday. Fingers crossed, in fact everything crossed, that travel will go well both ways. We are staying at fungerola park hotel, and have been there twice before. the last time 5 years ago, and the time before that approx 11 years ago.......Not the best hotel we have been in, but certainly not the worst.........I am saddened by some of the reviews of the hotel in the past on other sites. For example " hotel full of spaniards", and "staff appear more friendly if attempts made to speak/ greet in their language "..............hello ???.........after all we are in Spain, so why not make the effort..........I havent as yet been along to this site hotel reviews.

" 5 days today till harry goes away " lol sung in the key of b flat lol

harry
Been checking Thos Cook for a holiday in February - or perhaps I should say trying. Want to go to Torremolinos and it keeps coming up with no holidays. Anyone else had the same problem?

fwh
hi fwh......its a quirk on the site I think.....I had same problem when looking for hols in gran caneria....found out that if you go back to begining ...tick you know where you wanted to go ...and actually put in the hotel you want it gives you the list ....

similar quirk was when it did give lists of hols straight off after doing the usual of just choosing country resort and date...but none for the particular hotel I wanted was on list....so went back and used the I know where I want to stay option.....and the list came up for my hotels holidays.....tweetie
Tried that and it does not want to know.

fwh
It's pretty likely there won't be any holidays to Torremelinos in feb, as it is not a season to really go there (cold!!).

the only real place to go in Spain that time of year is the Canaries, TC go there all year round.
It is shown in the winter sun brochure and was actually available online a couple of months ago.

fwh
Booked a hol over phone with TC, on 30 September. Still no conf or docs at all. Should I wait a full week before contacting them? Have got booking ref number, had the sense to ask for it.
Perfume
maybe your confirmation has been caught up in the backlog of letters waiting to be delivered.

If it were me, depending on how close the departure date is, I'd be inclined to leave it a while longer.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to complain to Thomas Cook? I've tried the customer service line but they didn't really want to know and basically told me I was lying, I'm aware there's an email link on the website but wanted to check if anyone knew a way that got quicker answers!

The issue I'm complaining about is re the "your seat your choice" seating option, I booked the premium upgrade on my hol to Cuba in July 2010, when I asked to pre-select my seats they sold me "your seat your choice" for £20pp and said I could log on and choose 7 days before the flight. However lots of others flying in premium to long haul destinations were able to book their seats months in advance for £12pp. I did get it sorted by ringing TC airlines (who told me I had been sold the wrong thing), but TC themselves keep saying I'm wrong, I'm just concerned they're pulling this trick on other passengers who aren't aware about it, so that's what I want to complain about.

Thanks for any help.
You really need to put your complaint in writing steph86.

Try this address:

Customer Relations
Thomas Cook Airlines UK Ltd
2-4 Godwin Street
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD1 2ST

kath x
Cheers Kath,

I stupidly just noticed the complaints forum too - apologies for posting in the wrong place! :whoops
Hi have been trying to get on thomas cook website for more than a week know,and page just freezes, has anyone else had this problem. Thanks Denham
It's working okay for me, did play up a bit when they recently changed the format.
They have been having problems for a while.

fwh
I've been on it this afternoon with no problems.
I can,t get on it either, but the Flexible deals site is still ok.

Gaz
Good afternoon, apologies if the question has already been asked, couldn't find the answer here ...

I'm booked on a package holiday with Thomas Cook leaving on 6th Jan 2010. When can I expect to get my travel documents ? I've booked online in September and all monies were in before the due date.

Thanks a lot in advance !

Julmops
I would have thought about 2 weeks before departure.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.