Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
ukbill wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11837857
Not sure why I wasn't allowed to post a link to the TC/Russian news item - trying again here

If your earlier link was to the Daily Mail, it isn't because HT doesn't allow it, it is because that paper doesn't allow links to its website or anything on it to be copied. You can check this for yourself by reading their copyright policy.

luci :wave
thanks for the explanation luci - I swapped it to the BBC which worked
In my panic after realising i was late making the payment i did refer to the t&c's in the TC brochure as i thought my holiday would have been automatically cancelled for non payment. As i read it, i was still within my time (56 days and over)to actually cancel holiday myself with loss of full deposit, Thats why i queried the 14 week balance payment. The agent told me that they allow a few days grace before they either chase you up or cancel the holiday.

This is only my experience of my local TC shop.

Lily. x :sun2
I have to pay the balance of my holiday on the 5th May not going until 11th August, i'm sure last year with thomson balance had to be paid 8 weeks in front
Although it does seem early , any new bookings will be from the new edition brochures with new t and c's , are asking what looks like 14 weeks before . It does depend on the tour operator too though but saying that my experience with thomson is they take a maximum of 12 weeks before .

On thomson internet based system for bookings , the system always asked for 8 weeks and the ta manually added on the extra 2 weeks to cover for late payments etc , sometimes it was overlooked and was nt added on !!!!
Hi everyone, Does anyone know when Thomas Cook are going to start selling summer 2012 holidays??
Tropical and Florida is on sale now
I wish they'd hurry up with the 2012 prices, I'm dying to get my holiday to Turkey for next year booked ;)
Hello,

Ive looked online for holidays to Portugal 18/19th June to 25/26th June on Thomas Cook website and it says none available from East Midlands does anyone know if the high street shops might still have package deals available or not ????

As they arent open today I cant ring them up !!!

Thanks

Legs :)
If you are looking for a Thos Cook holiday, I don't think they fly out of East Midlands to Faro on a Saturday or Sunday. By the look of it both TC and Thomsons fly out on a Thursday, so no, a travel agent wouldn't have anything any different with either of those two companies.
I think Jet2 do weekend flights from East Midlands.
Thanks sunaddict .........

I may have to go somewhere else then haha
Monarch/Cosmos fly there weekends from Birmingham (not too far from E.M.)....Caz
Trying to check in online - however, after I have filled in all the security detail it comes up I can now print off my boarding cards. But it doesnt show me any to print off. Can I forget about it and just check in as normal at the airport. :que
michelle45

Usually they print new ones off at the airport, i am sure that there wont be any exception especially if you explain the problems you are having, maybe a screenshot to print off just to be sure.
Hi
Unfortunately, I could not even do a screen shot because the website didnt give me a link to the boarding cards. Just came up saying you can now print your boarding cards and there was nothing. Ive spent 20 minutes holding on the phone this morning and cannot get through to discuss this with them. Just going to turn up at the airport and hope for the best.

Michelle
Hi
I am booked to go to cancun on Tuesday, 3 couples who I am going with have received an email today saying that TC no longer has contrats with this hotel and have changed them, 2 to same hotel and 3rd couple to a different hotel as they have children, however there a.i. plan is not compatable with ours so they cannot use our facilities.

I, however, have not heard anything so rang T.C. emergency to find out but they are not sure what is a happenning. What rights do I have. The new hotel is the same star but the facilities are not the same and the reviews are terrible.

They say they have just heard about this but looking on trip advisor T.C. did it to others with 2 days notice as well.

I was so looking forward to this holiday going for my 50th now dont want to go and just feel like c****p

Michelle
michelle

Do you know the hotel they are offering you.

The contracts thing to me sounds like rubbish but that could just be the cynic in me, it may be that they have been negotiating and the hotelier hasn't given them the rate the agreed or the hotel have said they are full.
They are offering us Be live Viva. According to the phone call they have changed my ho0tel but ive got nothing in writing. So I would be turning up to be told when I got into cancun that my hotel would have changed.
Two years ago they dropped cattolica from there brochures, and it looks like there now doing the same with lido de jeselo, by dropping some of the less popular hotels

Last year I stayed at the Ambasortori palace, this hotel has been dropped, and so have some others

At my hotel last year there was only 4 uk holiday makers in the hotel, compared to 20 for D'Annunzio Hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.