Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
skytours is one of the many tui [thomson] brands in the uk...if your flight times are the same then its a safe asumption you are on the same holiday
thanks wizard....but are you still covered when paying by credit card when you pay one part of Tui for services of another part of Tui
i booked my next Greek holiday using a Thomson call number, the receipt came through from a different [still part of the group] one paragraph on the receipt says, [in my own words due to copyright] if you book with any Thomson group company then you are booking with tui uk the holding company and it goes on to say tui terms apply..

i would say as always i hope you have taken out your holiday insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances

wiz
hi Wizard....have free insurance through bank account covers self and youngest son ...and took one out for other son who isnt covered on mine due to age at time of booking...but always pay with credit card as is double protection....but when companies are being taken over...and also trading under original names...and are buying products from each other...ie like the booking Ive just done...booked through Thomson with First choice, who is named as supplier instead of Thomson...then land up with paper work from Skytours.....when you are paying Thomson with credit card are you paying an agent which I think means you are not covered by paying with credit card...or are you covered as all arrangements with parent company in this case TUI.....could even have implications with relation to ATOL and ABTA protection....things in this area were complicated enough....
when you get the receipt read paragraph 2/3 [usually one of these] it should [in a longer fashion] say what i have previously indicated, and yes i always pay for anything expensive [over £100] on my credit card ,yes it cost another few quid but personally i feel the added protection worth it

wiz
read terms and conditions now...says in own words Thompson acting only as agent....must look up another thread on here about ABTA and loophole in law .... ABTA logo on customer information on back of paperwork....but think if pay agent not supplier there is a problem with ABTA if things go wrong....was also a posting from Rhos ...HT's advice solicitor...think OK as long as booked with a credit card....not very clever doing things on here wizard....would help future readers if you could put some links on here for me...
Hi all....this is where I saw info....WARNING - BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY UPDATE ....higher up on this forum.....seems fine as long as booked with credit card...also found ATOL number on Skytours paperwork...ps sorry Ros been spelling your name wrong....and have read your safe and sound brochure now....everyone should read BEFORE booking first package hols
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.