Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
D3ANO,

It depends on the aircraft used, cruise charters are normally the former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER's, Virgin use Boeing 747-400's and BA Boeing 777-200/ER. One of the main differences is seat pitch. You'll get 33" with TOM in economy and 31" with Virgin and BA. You'll have seat back IFE with all carriers. Food and drink is complimentary with Virgin and BA, drinks are extra with TOM. Virgin and BA have a sightly higher luggage allowance. You might want to have a look through the Virgin and British Airways threads and their respective websites for further details about them. VS / BA's premium products are more expensive because you generally get more room and other facilities included that you wouldn't get with TOM. The premium upgrades are personal choice and it's up to you whether you think they are value for money. I would suggest the cruise charter upgrade to premium will more more like £249 with TOM rather than £149.

Darren
I think I asked this before but can't remember or which forum I posted on, sorry. :)
Flying to ACE from MAN on 30th Aug at 07:50 and returning 13 Sep at 13:00. Any ideas of the plane we're on?

Thanks v.much
*Helen*
meishkablue,
Flight TOM2734 will be operated on a Boeing 757-200 aircraft.

Enjoy your flight,
Z.J.C
meishkablue,

Your previous post and reply is here.

Darren
A friend of mine has just been in touch with me this morning from Manchester Airport and their flight from Manchester to Puerto Plata has been changed today to a short haul configuration, they were told the cockpit door seal fault renders the plane unable to fly as far as the Dominican Republic.

They are not very happy and said they were sure it was an excuse, does anyone know if this was the true reason of change of aircraft. :que
What I am really asking I suppose is was this plane scheduled to fly this route or was it changed at the last minute, the reason they were not happy as they were flying in premium.

Many thanks,
Angie.
Angie34,
From what I can see I believe G-DBLA is the aircraft that is out of service but im not 100% sure. Your friend has gone on G-OBYI one of the Short Haul Configuration Aircraft.

I believe since 9/11 this is a valid reason for a plane to be grounded as it could allow anyone to gain access to the cockpit.

They should get a partial refund from Thomson for the lack of some of there Premium services.

I have been doing some research into Thomson changing there aircraft this summer and found that some changes are rather suspicious. For Example: On the 18th MAN-CUN TOM196/7 was changed to G-OBYH but G-DBLA a Long Haul aircraft was sent out to Heraklion. What I don't understand is why they diddn't send G-DBLA out to Cancun and G-OBYH to Heraklion. As you can see rather suspicious.

Z.J.C
z.j.c

Thanks for your reply.

They should get a partial refund from Thomson for the lack of some of there Premium services

That was going to be my next question, will they get a partial refund,thanks for answering that one too. I am waiting for them to contact me after getting to their resort tonight to hear what they have been told by Thomson.

Angie.
Angie34,
Same happened to me to Cancun a few weeks back and I was speaking with some Premium Passengers who were told they would receive a partial refund of around £80 because they still got there free drinks, free upgrade, free headphones etc just not the leg room.

Z.J.C
z.j.c

have been doing some research into Thomson changing there aircraft this summer and found that some changes are rather suspicious. For Example: On the 18th MAN-CUN TOM196/7 was changed to G-OBYH but G-DBLA a Long Haul aircraft was sent out to Heraklion. What I don't understand is why they diddn't send G-DBLA out to Cancun and G-OBYH to Heraklion. As you can see rather suspicious.

Yes it does seem very strange.There seems to be alot of swapping of aircraft going on.

Angie.
Angie34,
Yes it looks all too suspicious if you ask me why send people on a short haul config if there is a Long Haul one bot doing anything. However I may just been looking into things too much but I can not even get a straight answer out of Thomson as to why my flight was changed and when I sent a letter in they sent me one back asking if they can have more time to provide me with a correct reply.

Z.J.C
z.j.c

Yes I followed your plight with the change of aircraft, whats the legroom for passengers on the flight then is it all the same legroom throughout the plane.If so my friends wont be very happy as the guy is 6'2".

Angie.
Angie34,
The legroom is between 29"-30" all throughout the cabin. With our flight the extra legroom seats that where spare with given to Premium Passengers on a First Come First Served basis.

The legroom is not ideal, I am only small but I struggled for 10 hours. A few other people who travelled with us who are around the same size as they guy you mentioned really found the flight difficult and the cabin crew informed one that if he didn't place his legs into the seat area and remove them from the aisle they would bring the captain up to have a word as he was obstructing there access.

It's perfect legroom if your only sat in it for 3-4 Hours but after 6 Hours it gets a whole lot worse.
Strange question I know!!!

Can anyone tell me if Thomson had a flight from Larnaca to Manchester at 01.55 on 21st August?

I have friends who went to the airport for this flight but when I decided to watch what was happening with them I could not find it on the departures list on Larnaca Airport's site.... Bit worried they went on the wrong day....

Cheers,
Jinty
Jinty,

Thomson Airways don't have a MAN-LCA-MAN flight on Thursday evening / Friday morning. They operate flights on a Wednesday (TOM2334/5 and TOM2342/3) and Sunday (TOM2700/1).

Darren
are you sure it was a tomson flight.. im not seeing any from LCA there is a tom pfo to man tonight at 11-45 pm
Yes, they def said Thomsons....

Don't know what happened when they got to the airport as they had to get back to the UK for a wedding today :( . Oh Dear!

Will find out Monday what has happened.

Cheers,
Jinty
For information, I've updated the What Aircraft? guide to include links to seating plans for all Thomson Airways aircraft, including long haul.

Darren
i have of those wondering question which is we are flying to la romana on a cruise charter in march 2010, what i was wondering is the flight we go out on bring other folk back if so dose it have a fresh crew etc. i did say ot wasomeof those wondering questions lol
allymc1,

The crew that takes the aircraft out to La Romana will stay on the island a couple of days to have a rest before bringing another flight back. The flight is too long for them to operate both legs, it would be a 20+ hour working day!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.